• April 27, 2024, 06:30:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Zero DSR, Germany 🇩🇪 🏍 🔌  (Read 6447 times)

vfx

• View Profile
Re: Zero DSR, Germany 🇩🇪 🏍 🔌
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2017, 12:05:34 AM »

... and/or with 200 Nm of torque.  ;D

Today at the way back to home it starts to snow and although I'm not religious I thought "Ooooh Jesus Christ ...".

Can someone bring the summer please. And bring it now  8)  :D

I'm sorry DSR ... it was not deliberately.
But I gave her a washing and parked her inside and warm nearby the heating installation so she should be fine.  ;D

greets
Zero DSR MY 2016 - http://Zero-DSR.de

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »

... and/or with 200 Nm of torque.  ;D

Today at the way back to home it starts to snow and although I'm not religious I thought "Ooooh Jesus Christ ...".

Can someone bring the summer please. And bring it now  8)  :D

I'm sorry DSR ... it was not deliberately.
But I gave her a washing and parked her inside and warm nearby the heating installation so she should be fine.  ;D

greets

200 Nm, makes my dentist money, since it'll pull my fillings  :D

Oh holy crap..... I forgot about how narly my winters were back in Germany.
I once could not keep on going anymore auf der Autobahn, I was on an Yamaha XT-600 on my way from München to Düsseldorf at night (1,000 km approximately)
because ice snow, like really hard ice flakes were literally baking me.
My entire bike and my body and helmet were completely covered in a thick layer of icy snow flakes. It was weighing me down.
I felt like I was in Russia.

That was the only time I had to give up. I simply could not take the temperature anymore because the layer of heavy wet sleet cradled my entire front of my stupid body.

My limbs began to literally freeze off my body, besides that i could see anything anymore,  but that was almost normal.
All you had to do is stay between the large white embankments and hope that you don't miss someone in your path.... ha hahahah....

You are hardcore VFX !
You really get to become delicate on that zero throttle I suppose.

Good deed to offer your zero a place in the warmth :)

I was only caught in ice rain here in Austin once three years ago on the freeway.
I tried to ride 25 miles home.
Then visor got coated with a thick layer of ice, opened the visor, eyes and nose got coated with a thick layer of ice, closed it again, visor and eyes and nose coated, visibility was pretty much inwards back into my brain, which looked like a ball of stupid spaghetti on ice cream.

My front wheel (Suzuki GS-500) looked like it had a thick clear aerodynamic fairing made of ice.
My instruments where completely loaded up with a thick layer of clear ice.
It was one of those days where someone could have suggested that riding on the freeway with any type of vehicle is not recommended.
I had to turn off the freeway and seek shelter in an HEB (supermarket chain here in Texas).
I went to the bathroom and thawed out my hands, it was so painful that I had to kneel down, since I got nauseous.  But my knees were so frozen that I could barely kneel.....

I could drive a car through conditions like that?
Never, all the cars by the way we're actually sliding off the freeway without even driving.
I had the advantage, two whelels, two sliding feet, and a grin on my face, which became permanent all the way into the bathroom of HEB  ;D

I miss riding in Germany. Frozen balls in the winter, but 140 miles per hour and legal in the summer :)

Keep on riding VFX my fellow German Zeroist :)

Rider7

32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2017, 09:01:37 AM »

Thanks for keeping me up  ;D.

But I have to admit and to tell you that the Bosch Heat Jacket https://www.boschtools.com/ca/en/boschtools-ocs/workwear-psj120m-48636-p/
under my Bike Jacket, my new Pinlock Visor from Schuberth and the Extreme Winter Gloves from Polo made that all possible and safe!
I don't wanna hurt myself or someone else but it's tough indeed.

What's the phrase in English for "Nur die Harten kommen in den Garten" again?  8) :P

cu

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2017, 12:13:06 PM »

Ahhhhhhh..... VFX,

You are a "Warmduscher" after all...ahhahahah

Only the hard get into the garden doesn't work in English I suppose... hahahahah..

Well, I must say that while I still lived in Germany, that the pinlock visor was the best piece of equipment I have ever had. Never had fogged up visors.
I haven't installed one here, since those couple of cold days are somewhat illusive.

I never tried an electric jacket. That is startreck future stuff:)

I must say that I have only felt cold on my body three or four times in 32 years of riding.
It's just the stupid fingers that fall off and are hard to find then.
And the frozen yaw and eyeballs.

I usually when riding more than 10 miles when it's down to 0 Celsius, I alternate holding my hands on the engine block.....
mhhhh no more on the zero.... but well, I will try a future jacket if riding the zero in zero :)

I am almost ashamed to say that I am also determined to keep my electric lady dry forever.
I simply cannot see myself sitting there a whole afternoon with q-tips or rag and screwdriver to clean those cooling rips on motor and controller....

So I guess I am the warmdusher now.

I did buy an old Chevy truck 1974, and darn it, what i do good for the environment with the zero all year, goes kaput with one startup of this 350 V8:)

:)

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »

Yeah - heating jackets, headup display helmets (hopefully coming soon), bending light, blind spot detection and warning systems, non ICE motorbikes -> all that's Star Trek and scifi stuff! Witches' brew too, of course.  :P

But everytime I ride the DSR I feel like Tom Cruise with his electric motorbike in "Oblivion", one of my favorite movies  ;D

and I'll go on ...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:27:15 AM by vfx »

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 09:02:40 PM »

Hey friends!
Did somebody noticed that the MY 2017 is declared to have 157 Nm of torque in the US, but if you switch the language of zeromotorcycles.com to German MY 2017 seems to be as 146 Nm of torque. What may be the reason of that behaviour?
I know that MY17 has a lot of improvements like 3 mm wider belt, 115 more Amp controller (775A) and so on.

But 157 Nm are bad ass ...

:D

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 10:36:53 PM »

Same power and torque, different criteria for measuring it.
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 11:51:40 PM »

Thanks, I'm a little bit dumb sometimes ...

That has to be the explanation.  :) :)

Why they do this? Nm should be Nm and especially Nm max should be Nm max.
And it shouldn't depend on the country you live in.  >:(

However, it seems that they change the title of the unit at the english version:
2017 it is "peak torque" and 2016 it was "max torque" and values are 157 / 144.
In the German version its the same description every year and values are 146 / 144.

A little bit confusing I think.
And acceleration values are dropped for 2017 at all  ;D

Maybe I think too much about it.

;D 8) ;)

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »

I just watched a video at youtube and I think the peak torque of 157 Nm of model year 2017 is really realistic. The new 775 Amp controller can easly deliver the needed current to reach that power level - for a short time. Then the temperature problem should be the reason to throttle down a bit.

I guess I'll have to clarify that at my local dealer with a test ride of the MY17.  ;D

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2017, 01:36:12 PM »

I just watched a video at youtube and I think the peak torque of 157 Nm of model year 2017 is really realistic. The new 775 Amp controller can easly deliver the needed current to reach that power level - for a short time. Then the temperature problem should be the reason to throttle down a bit.

I guess I'll have to clarify that at my local dealer with a test ride of the MY17.  ;D

VFX, thanks for this link, it is rare to see representation of the Zero company online and get a feeling for their company, besides knowing that they produce amazing vehicles.

Rider7

vfx

• View Profile
Re: Zero DSR, Germany
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2017, 11:29:16 PM »

It started to getting warmer in Germany today. So I had to ride a little bit :)

Today I reached a milage of 7,000 km. At that point you should make a service (regarding to the owners manual). But is this really necessary? What is to do at this service?
My dealer meant that a service is only necessary once a year or so because it's nearly maintenance free he said.

Thanks for tips.

;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 01:56:33 AM by vfx »

rider7

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2017, 09:57:31 AM »

Today I reached a milage of 7,000 km. At that point you should make a service (regarding to the owners manual). But is this really necessary? What is to do at this service?
My dealer meant that a service is only necessary once a year or so because it's nearly maintenance free he said.

Thanks for tips.

;D

VFX,

I cannot think of anything but visual belt check and tension check with the cricket.
Other than that, just a visual check of all assemblies.
I am certain that they used good thread locking devices like lock washers etc. on all motor mounts, brake calipers etc.

Hey, by the way, nice little micro website you are running.
I like it.

Your dealer made a great video.
One of the first videos where you can see but not hear at all (because of the distance of the vantage point) how the zero moves along a country road.

I am glad that the Germans love the concept and buy this bike.

Rider7

Lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2017, 01:46:17 PM »

Thanks for tips.

;D

As rider7 already mentioned, I would check the belt for wear and tension regularly. Apart from that I would change the brake fluid once a year with the beginning of the season. A firmware update is also always a good thing.

You don't need to do service to maintain your warranty, as there's nothing which needs to be maintained. Nevertheless you can find the recommended intervals in your manual.
Zero FXS 6.5 MY16

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »

Ok, that sounds quiet qood. Next month a have to go to the TÃœV - an official check institution.
They'll probably tell me too what make sense to check regularly on this type of motorcycle.
But the mentioned points I'll check these days by myself.

Thanks for your reply.

cu

vfx

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2017, 04:08:07 AM »

Hey, by the way, nice little micro website you are running.
I like it.

I am glad that the Germans love the concept and buy this bike.

Rider7

Hey, thanks. Nice to hear that you like the site.
It's not completely done yet, of course.
And it's not professional. I just want to have my knowledge, my experiences and some nice pics and vids at a central place or storage. And domain costs at such a domain are as near as zero. So it's better than any NAS to me because "I" haven't to care about backups or hosting an own server and such things.

Have a nice week ....
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 04:11:42 AM by vfx »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7