• April 24, 2024, 09:03:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dash charge light faliure  (Read 757 times)

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Dash charge light faliure
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:33:01 PM »

Hi
my ZF12,5 SR has stopped lighting the charging light on the dash. When i plug it in, it flickers red a couples of times (flash flash pause flash flash flash- indicating a can bus error) and then nothing, no chargelight goes on. It charges ok however, i'll like to know if anyone else has or have had the same issue.

skoleskibe

• View Profile
Re: Dash charge light faliure
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 02:11:15 AM »

Rather quiet. ;-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoadRaider

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 04:33:00 AM »

Over 100 views so they probably just haven't had that problem (or thought what I'm about to say next is obvious and not worth saying). It sounds like it's literally just the charging light. If it's under warranty get it replaced, if not I'd just leave it alone and check charging status via the app.
perspective, use it

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »

When you plug in to charge do you hear the contactor clicking closed? You should if you are in fact charging.

I don't think it's just a bad light. I would either use the app to send logs to Zero or just take the bike to the dealer as recommended in the manual for that error. If you email the logs to Zero they should be able to get some additional details about the CAN bus error but my guess is you are going to end up at the dealer eventually so they can plug into your bike and run additional diagnostics.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 02:50:38 PM »

Yes the contactor clicks, and charging begins. It's annoying that the charge light does'nt work, and that there is a warning that somethings wrong.

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 06:16:54 AM »

Does the dash display any other error codes? Meaning, when you select the dash to display error codes do you see the "normal" codes for when the kick stand is down, etc. and any other error codes?

Hi
my ZF12,5 SR has stopped lighting the charging light on the dash. When i plug it in, it flickers red a couples of times (flash flash pause flash flash flash- indicating a can bus error) and then nothing, no chargelight goes on. It charges ok however, i'll like to know if anyone else has or have had the same issue.
'15 Zero SR

skoleskibe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 05:44:07 PM »

No error codes. Just a short red glimpse from the charge light.

Pages: [1]