• April 26, 2024, 07:33:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fuses and Busses  (Read 1026 times)

mKlRivPwner

• View Profile
Fuses and Busses
« on: October 27, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »

Okay, so I know we have a lot of juice running through these machines.  So fuses are a must.  Even gas-powered cars on a measily 12V have fuses, relays, and (back in the day) fusible links *nostalia-ish*.

So certainly fuses are better than Fusible links (easier to replace), but I can't find anywhere that sells sockets for Maxi fuses.  ATCs have a max of 30 amp, and I'd rather not have to deal with glass fuses, or trying to build an enclosure for them.  Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm also going to be working on removing the fusible links in my car and splicing in some Maxi fuses, so if you know where I can find a 6-8 fuse bus for Maxi fuses, I will be forever indebted to you.

Should I just go junkyard diving and hope I get lucky?  Is there anywhere that sells them?

picasso

• View Profile
Re: Fuses and Busses
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 03:23:03 AM »

http://www.painlesswiring.com/ has a number of items for adding extra circuits.

for the big stuff you just about have to use the giant glass ones from the car stereo world.

I have a military truck here that has circuit breakers in place of fuses. BUT that darn things cost 30-50 each and I've only found them to 30. I will tell anyone who can find me them cheaper I LOVE YOU.

mpipes

• View Profile
Re: Fuses and Busses
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »

Do a search for ANL style fuses, these have a flat shape, available to 300Amps and above, not too horribly expensive. It's easy enough to make a bus bar out of solid stock and tap holes for set screws.

Go to mcmaster.com - they have every fuse style including Maxi up to 80 amps but their 6 fuse block and 12 fuse block are limited to 30A per fuse.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:56:56 AM by mpipes »
Pages: [1]