Makes And Models > Brammo Forum

Empulse TT vs Empulse R

(1/2) > >>

shayan:
I know this has been discussed before, I would like to know what the differences in performance are between the Brammo Empulse R and the Victory Empulse TT. I am weighing in between these 2 options.

Is the TT a 10.4 kWH nominal vs Empulse R 9.4kWH nominal? Which means that there would be a boost in range of 10% if i am not wrong. I am talking about a 70mph constant range. I believe this is about 58-60 miles on the Empulse R and a 65 miles on the TT. I live in San Jose and i am just trying to figure out if i can commute to San Fransisco without having to stop in between. Considering i weigh about 145 lbs and that i would be light on the throttle and a 65-70mph freeway speed. maybe another 5-10% more with a windscreen?

Also would getting a new bike be better off than a used Brammo considering i'll get a 2 year warranty?
Any inputs would be welcome :)

Richard230:
I think you will have better luck getting detailed answers to your questions on the Brammo owners forum: brammoforum.com

Chocula:
I had a 2014 Brammo Empulse R which was replaced under warranty with a 2016 Victory Empulse TT.

Internally, some of the connectors have changed which makes getting parts a little easier.  My first ride on the TT was 2 months after my last ride on the R so not quiet a back to back comparison.  The torque spec on the TT is slightly lower and it is definitely not faster than the R, but I can't say it is any slower either.  If there is an actual difference, it is subtle.  I reliably got 80 miles of range on the R, and I reliably get 80 miles of range on the TT.  This was a little less when the bike was new, and seemed to improve after the first oil change, so it could be the TT is just not fully broken in yet, or there might not be any actual difference in battery capacity.  The narrower rear tire on the TT definitely affects the handling and took me a few days to get used to the quicker turn in, but lower stability of the TT.  People notice and want to talk about the TT more, probably due to the name recognition of Victory over Brammo, or maybe just because the new one is Red.  The dash is physically the same but the green lights on top are used differently, the range estimator is substantially improved on the TT.  I still use the battery charge % as I had gotten used to the range estimator being almost worthless on the R.  Tail lights on the TT are not as bright from wider viewing angles as on the R, the TT may have LEDs instead of the incandescent found on the R.  The fully adjustable forks that came with the R are an upgrade on the TT, the TT comes with the same forks you get on the non R Brammo.  Rear suspension is the same on the TT and R.  The TT comes with right angle valve stems :) stock.  The batteries for the TT come as 2 different size units instead of the 7 same size ones on the R.  The bolts to adjust the drive chain are a slightly different style on the TT than the R.  The stickers say Victory instead of Brammo.

For the most part, they are the same bike, I have not seen a 10% increase in range, but that could change as things get worn in.  It would come down to price and available support as the differences between the bikes are pretty subtle except the narrower rear tire on the TT.

Chocula

shayan:
Thanks for all the responses!
@Chocula
Ya maybe the oil change may improve things on the bike as it gets worn in. The TT has the same weight pretty much but a 10% more battery, so i guess a 65 mile highway range is not unrealistic. Thank you for sharing all ur thoughts. I must say ur quite lucky to get a new bike!
Right now i am able to get a deal for $14k out of the door pricing for the TT (with a $2k tax credit it goes down to $12k). I am not sure if CA offers tax credits, but if it does then it makes the TT a sweet deal with a 2 yr warranty.

Considering victory will continue with the Empulse project maybe we can hope to that victory may offer more for the Empulse in the future.

Chocula:
California offers a $900 rebate for this bike.  They are currently out of funding and there is a risk that no additional funds will be allocated, but previous years have gotten additional funding when they ran out.  I believe the federal tax credit is for 10% of the purchase price, so probably about $1300 if you are getting the bike out the door for $14K.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version