• April 25, 2024, 10:51:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hollywood Electrics racing against classic I mean ICE bikes  (Read 824 times)

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Hollywood Electrics racing against classic I mean ICE bikes
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:18:15 AM »

Look at that jump off the line.  When the horsepower gets to the 180-200 mark nothing will touch these bikes.  The future is coming fast and quiet yet smooth and easy.

! No longer available

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Hollywood Electrics racing against classic I mean ICE bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 08:02:26 PM »

If electric motorcycles win too many races they will be banned.  It has happened before with new technology.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »

Some electrics are already at the 150+HP mark, the issue is that only happens at and above a certain motor speed.  Below that there is less power; I think Brammo is on the right track with a transmission (although they don't need the 5 or 6 or whatever number of speeds they now use).  It's all about the torque baby!  Using a tranny in a racing application allows you to access max motor power more often.

No, I am not trying to reignite the transmission wars...  :)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:43 PM »

I agree about the transmission a simple 2 gears are all thats needed... say a reduction ratio for bottom end, and a straight out 1:1 for the rest. best of both worlds.

anyway... what mods are done to this bike so it keeps pulling up top like that AND leaves the line at the same speed as the other bikes?
Pages: [1]