• March 29, 2024, 01:30:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Owner's Manual  (Read 763 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Owner's Manual
« on: August 13, 2016, 05:49:38 AM »

This came up in another thread, and in order to NOT hijack that one, I figured I'd create a new thread.  I sent an E-Mail to inquiries@zeromotorcycles.com with the suggestion that the Owner's Manual be made available in ".mobi" form as well as ".PDF" so that those of us with Kindles (or the free Kindle app) could load it up on our PCs, tablets or mobile phones for easy access.

I heard back pretty quickly from a Jonathan Robello, who gives his title as "Concierge" at Zero.  He agreed it sounded like a good idea and said he'd pass along the suggestion to their marketing department.  If you think it's a good idea, then feel free to write them and let them know.  The more the merrier!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
Re: Owner's Manual
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:54:18 AM »

Until they do, I'm okay with emailing it to my kindle.com address. It works well enough to look up stuff.
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:27 AM »

Until they do, I'm okay with emailing it to my kindle.com address. It works well enough to look up stuff.

I loaded it to the Kindle directory on my Android phone and use it that way.  Unfortunately, there's little control over font size, and you have to hold the phone sideways otherwise the fonts are just too small to see.  It would be nice if the table of contents were "hot links" to the actual pages, too (same for the index).  We'll see.  They took the first step, but now they just have to follow through.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:14:25 AM »

I use the Goodreader app on my iOS devices because it remembers my preferred cropping on each document's pages (varies for left and right if the PDF layout needs it). It also reads my DropBox account where I've been squirreling away every manual I can find.

It does help a bit, but a document format that flowed better on small screens would be helpful.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 07:29:17 PM »

I have Hancom Office for my phone.. it works great for PDFs.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »

Google Drive works pretty well (google account required).  Download from Zero, upload to google drive, then, in the App, long hold, touch the three-dot-icon, turn on "Available Offline"

Makes it easy to access on your next phone, on your tablet, whatever.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 05:21:30 PM »

So does plugging the phone into my computer via USB cable and uploading it (I'm old-fashioned).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1]