• April 26, 2024, 01:04:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: ***UPDATE *** Zero Drag race bike ! 191 pounds 50kW  (Read 6016 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: ***UPDATE *** Zero Drag race bike ! 191 pounds 50kW
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »

Clearly the best winter weather solution is for the bike to go south... My garage seems like a good candidate, since it doesnt snow here. ;D

lol, seriously though I cant wait to see what another 6s does to that. The bike will leave harder and have a higher mph.
Then the next step is setting the throttle curve just right. You want a smooth firm hit off the line, but once you're about 60ft out, you can put alot more power down... That timeslip is funny with the good 60ft, then the huh 330... and then the low mph. This bike will be nuts once you add 6s.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »

Doc, you will be surprised at the performance increase in warmer weather.  I would think about some method of heating the cells (even for a Quebec "summer").  I use these same cells in my LSR bike; after one pass the pack would heat approx. 10F* and I would experience 10V less sag (96S pack).  Same thing on the drag bike: cool packs just don't perform as well.

Yes you are right, The internal ersistance of the cells get lower with warmer temp. This make less voltage sag. i know Bill Dube with the illacycle was heating the cells at 70 degree C to get best performances.. however these are LiFePO4, not lipo like i use so that higher temp ccan not be as high.. I guess that 50-55 celsius is the max. this also degrade cell life but for drag racing purpose, loosing couple hundred cycles is not alarming..

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon

kashography

• View Profile
    • e-motorrad.ch
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 06:23:13 PM »

Doc, you will be surprised at the performance increase in warmer weather.  I would think about some method of heating the cells (even for a Quebec "summer").  I use these same cells in my LSR bike; after one pass the pack would heat approx. 10F* and I would experience 10V less sag (96S pack).  Same thing on the drag bike: cool packs just don't perform as well.
I can confirm that. My friend always puts his lipo-packs into a heatbag and looks that they ar warm before he puts them into his high-end 3d-helicopters (6-12s)
  • 200km with one charge (was too easy)
  • 300km in a day
  • 400km in a day
  • 500km in a day (550+km)
  • 600km in a day
    driven in [5] out of 6 nearby countries

Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »

Yes you are right, The internal ersistance of the cells get lower with warmer temp. This make less voltage sag. i know Bill Dube with the illacycle was heating the cells at 70 degree C to get best performances.. however these are LiFePO4, not lipo like i use so that higher temp ccan not be as high.. I guess that 50-55 celsius is the max. this also degrade cell life but for drag racing purpose, loosing couple hundred cycles is not alarming..

Doc

Doc: I'm talking about the difference between 75*F and 85*F i.e. barely above ambient.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »

All chemical reactions (including the ones that go on in batteries) proceed faster with increased temperature, so I think it's fair to assume all batteries will perform better at elevated temperature, until you reach the point where you're actually damaging them.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]