• April 24, 2024, 08:29:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wrenching  (Read 1453 times)

Zen

• Conway, NH
    • View Profile
Re: Wrenching
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 10:10:32 PM »

If you like to work on new motorcycles to keep them running, purchase a Royal Enfield.   ;)

Your a funny guy. I love the classic style of Royal Enfields but I don't own one. I have enough to wrench on, just don't like driving a cage with trailer to get service either. I really like the electric motorcycle idea and really want to make one work for me, my style and riding area. Right now it is a research and weighing options mode. I also love the near silence when riding, my Goldwing is the closest I have gotten.
I have a Dnepr (similar to your Ural) with spiked tyres that I use in the winter season. I would really like to convert it to electric, but never had the time. That could make a good project?

Plenty of room for batteries, but man they do not roll that freely. Not gonna get far per charge.
I know the dnepr, Ural, Chang we all ride together up here in Northern New England we have some great camp outs.
Zero soon, 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear p, 1995 GL1500SE

GambitDash

• View Profile
Re: Wrenching
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 10:48:04 AM »

If you like to work on new motorcycles to keep them running, purchase a Royal Enfield.   ;)

Your a funny guy. I love the classic style of Royal Enfields but I don't own one. I have enough to wrench on, just don't like driving a cage with trailer to get service either. I really like the electric motorcycle idea and really want to make one work for me, my style and riding area. Right now it is a research and weighing options mode. I also love the near silence when riding, my Goldwing is the closest I have gotten.
I have a Dnepr (similar to your Ural) with spiked tyres that I use in the winter season. I would really like to convert it to electric, but never had the time. That could make a good project?

Plenty of room for batteries, but man they do not roll that freely. Not gonna get far per charge.
I know the dnepr, Ural, Chang we all ride together up here in Northern New England we have some great camp outs.
I drove a Minsk in Vietnam. Now that was a wrench friendly bike. Well, wrench and hammer :D

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]