• April 23, 2024, 04:38:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Anyone able to get the Corbin to lie flush with the tail on a '16 DSR?  (Read 919 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile

I love my Corbin seat on my DSR (now that it's broken in).  I have a 3/16 or so air gap between the tail and the seat at the rear.  I can't seem to get the seat to sit completely flush.  Do others have the same issue?  I have the top case bracket installed, but I don't think there is any interference there.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

I have the exact same issue. Do your seat bolts line up now or is the seat under compression to get them to line up? If so, my tail critique includes a complaint about how a misaligned seat can gradually cause the bolts to dig into the tail subassembly holes:

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6003
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile

I have the exact same issue. Do your seat bolts line up now or is the seat under compression to get them to line up? If so, my tail critique includes a complaint about how a misaligned seat can gradually cause the bolts to dig into the tail subassembly holes:

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6003

I had to compress the seat pretty seriously to get it installed (was not thrilled with the fit).  I have not inspected my seat bolt holes, but I am sure they were stressed during the install.  I am very happy with the seat so far (much better than stock for me).  I really don't like the gap though.

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

It sounds like Corbin got something wrong with this, then, in design or quality control. I'm somewhat near the factory and will try to provide this feedback.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 12:44:33 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]