• April 24, 2024, 12:01:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: reliability statistics  (Read 730 times)

vincent

• View Profile
reliability statistics
« on: July 25, 2016, 02:21:52 AM »

Been following Zero from the get go and have always wanted an electric bike for commuting. I like to own my bikes for a long time, so long term reliability is highly valued . It seems that there are many stories about something going amiss just beyond warranty period. With gas bikes this isn't too much of an issue because shop manuals are available and with common knowledge it's rare that something comes up that isn't fixable. So with Zero it seems that we are more dependent on how good the bikes are originally, and their customer service. Any good sources on actual numbers that back up their performance on this?  Thanks!   

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: reliability statistics
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 02:56:34 AM »

So far (knock wood) I haven't heard of any issues with the 2016 model year.  It seems every year the product improves by leaps and bounds over the previous years.  I just rolled over 3,000 miles on my 2016 S model. The only issue I had was with the turn signals when it was delivered but that wasn't a show stopper, and they're working fine now.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: reliability statistics
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 03:14:09 AM »

One problem with forums is that the latest noise pushes stable stories out of view, so you've only seen trouble reports.

Here's a previous thread so we don't have to repeat our stories again: If your 2013+ Zero has been completely reliable, please post here...

As a V-Strom owner of many years and over 70k miles (until I started putting miles on Zeros), I recommend buying the 2016 line for maximum reliability. It keeps improving every year.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]