• April 24, 2024, 01:43:47 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Non Motorcycle FS: 1994 US Electricar Prizm  (Read 1736 times)

frodus

• View Profile
Non Motorcycle FS: 1994 US Electricar Prizm
« on: October 14, 2009, 02:32:55 AM »

Trying to help my friend sell his US Electricar Prizm located in Vancouver, WA:

This 1994 U.S. Electricar Prizm is one of less than 200 Prizm-based sedans built on the Geo factory floor by Hughes Aerospace in conjunction with Chevrolet in the mid-90's, and was developed to an extremely high standard. The Prizm sedan holds 50 batteries in a tray located under the cab, leaving seating for 5 with 4 doors and a full trunk. It has a liquid-cooled Siemens AC induction motor and Hughes "Dolphin" 3-phase 50kW inverter/charger/controller for extremely quiet and smooth operation, and very effective 50kW regenerative braking, which makes brake pads last a very, very long time. This particular example was part of a private collection when I bought it 3 years ago, and is a beautiful and very clean example of this very rare model. This vehicle is capable of a 70-mile range with new batteries (currently I can do 35 miles per charge with 5-year-old batteries), and a top speed of around 90 mph (I've never gone quite that fast, but I don't doubt the claim). This Prizm is in excellent condition with only a single dent on the very bottom of the rocker panel behind the passenger front wheel. It was freshly painted in 2006, and the paint is near perfect. My wife uses this car as a daily driver 7 days a week. It starts, runs, and charges trouble-free on a 110V or 220V supply and will fully charge in between 5 (220V) and 18 (110V) hours. In real-world use, we charge at 110V after a 15-mile drive in about 8 hours. We changed to compact fluorescents throughout our home and completely offset the cost of operating the car. We laugh as we pass gas stations! Plug it in at night like you plug in your cell phone. It's that simple. I have made extensive use of the U.S. Electricar Yahoo group (and highly recommend joining if you buy the car), which has advice, upgrade and repair info for absolutely every aspect of this car's operation and maintenance. I have followed the advice found there to upgrade protection of the control unit with additional fusing, and replaced 14 marginal batteries with identical-model replacements 2.5 years ago. While I had the pack down, I added Lee Hart zener-diode regulators to each of the 50 batteries to protect them from overcharging. Plain and simple and TRUE: This car has been more reliable than any gas vehicle I have ever owned. We would NEVER sell this car otherwise, but a move to Calgary forces the sale.

http://www.evtradinpost.com/index.php?method=showdetails&list=advertisement&rollid=3521&fromfromlist=advertisement_active&fromfrommethod=showhtmllist

PM me and I can get you his phone number, or email him via trading post.
Travis
Pages: [1]