• April 26, 2024, 11:22:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Power tank housing  (Read 794 times)

Doug S

• View Profile
Power tank housing
« on: July 07, 2016, 07:37:32 AM »

Got my power tank housing today, for the imminent delivery of my Diginow supercharger. It has no J1772 connector, in case anybody (else) was wondering. Hopefully either the one Diginow provides or the one I have already will fit reasonably well.

It's amazing how big these things they are when you get them off the bike!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

ElectricZen

• View Profile
Re: Power tank housing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 07:41:35 AM »

Wow looks great!

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 09:04:15 AM »

Once you get the Super Charger I'm most interested to find out if there is enough clearance between the charger and the cap on top to actually mount the Jplug and take advantage of the Charge Tank setup.  As long as you have clearance to mount the Jplug and the wires underneath aren't at too severe bend radius or anything then it seems like you should be able to figure out a mounting solution even it means grinding a little plastic or creating some kind of a custom bracket.  I have been wondering this ever since Zero announced the charge tank and I am glad that you will be able to tell us once you get your charger!
2014 Zero S

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 09:08:46 AM »

I'm excited for you. Please keep notes as you do the install. Good luck. I hope to do the same!
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 11:13:29 AM »

That does look really nice; I've seen them installed but the forward detail is better than I suspected. My dealer didn't help me out with this at all, either! I suspect the Supercharger J plug will fit but it might be very close - let us all know what the clearance is as best you can.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 11:37:17 AM »

Once you get the Super Charger I'm most interested to find out if there is enough clearance between the charger and the cap on top to actually mount the Jplug and take advantage of the Charge Tank setup. 

That is why I am letting you guys figure out the hard stuff.  It would be a big bummer if you could not do that.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 06:40:52 PM »

Of course I'll take lots of pics as I figure it out. As far as fitting the connector and wires (with proper service loop), it looks like the connector mounting boss is nice and high, so I really doubt there will be a problem.

The whole thing feels quite flimsy, because it's lightweight plastic and has no support on the bottom when it's off the bike, but I'm sure it'll become a lot more rigid when it gets mounted. Then I'll be glad it's lightweight plastic!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:03:03 PM »

Speaking of flimsy, you'll want the J plug mating to be really solid, so it'll help to give it some kind of vertical support so the plug latches very quickly and you don't have to flex the plastics every time.

And let me say that some J plugs are a bit worn and hard to latch properly. :p
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]