• March 29, 2024, 08:51:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I can't wait...  (Read 1415 times)

c-fut

• View Profile
I can't wait...
« on: June 30, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »

I have been lurking this forum for the past month. I just put a deposit down for a 2016 zero s zf13.0. Super excited and can't wait.  ;D
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: I can't wait...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 01:27:17 PM »

Exciting! When do you plan to receive it?

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »

I am hoping to pick it up next weekend.
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 05:29:18 AM »

Very cool.  You won't be disappointed.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Gandalf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 05:39:46 AM »

I am hoping to pick it up next weekend.

Awesome! I too have been lurking these forums but for about 2 years now instead of a month.  :D

I plan on getting either the Zero S or the DSR and I'm leaning towards the DSR. The range is actually quite good for what I plan to use it for, daily commuting. However, right now the price range is still a little too high for me. I wish Zero would drop the price about $3,000 - $4,000 USD on all their bikes. I think their sales would really improve but I don't know what their cost to build VS profit margin is.

I don't see the need in getting the SR for extra acceleration and speed when the max speed of the DS, DSR, and S are all more than the max speed limit around here is.  :P I don't want to buy to race, I want to buy to commute and never buy gas again!  ;D

Good luck with your Zero S and let us know how it works out for you. More importantly, I want to know how it's working when you get to the 1 and 2 year mark. I can't find many Youtube videos in 2016 of people still riding pre 2014 Zeros. I also read a lot about belt and brake noises/issues but overall people seem to be pretty happy with them.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:56:55 AM by Gandalf »

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:49:27 AM »

Welcome and congrats!  You are going to love your zero.

I have a 2016 DSR.  I absolutely love it.  The range is amazing and more than adequate for my needs. I have also had ZERO issues! 

Keep in mind that there is a huge difference between a 2014 Zero and and 2016.  The components are different and the 2016 is the matured product that we have all been waiting for.  As far as issues, these are all commonplace stuff that affects all motorcycles and is not unique to Zero.  I think you will find this community one of the friendliest and most helpful anywhere.  There are truly Legends who read and respond to these forums. 

Welcome again, we expect to hear about all your great rides!

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 10:37:04 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcoming.

So I picked her up last Saturday. Rode it more on Sunday to get a better feel for it and then have been using it for my weekday commute to work which is 84 miles round trip. I charge at work. Although I forgot to charge when I got home on Thursday, I was still able to make it to work not going past 70mph. I live in the Bayarea and my commute is in traffic with the occasional 70-85 mile stretches. So far I'm loving it. Still have a habit of reaching to grab the clutch. Got some questions but I'm gonna start new threads for those so other could learn.
2016 Zero S ZF13.0

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 01:04:07 PM »

That's awesome! I've turned into an 880-237 commuter doing 84 miles per day, so I sympathize. If yours is yellow, maybe I saw you recently going the opposite way (Oakland-Mountain View commute).
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 05:59:40 AM »

Congrats! I ordered mine 2.5 weeks ago. I hadn't heard from the dealer so I gave them a buzz on Friday.  It came in Wed, but the only accessory that came in was the power tank, and they are holding it up waiting for the 12v accessory kit to install it.. Argggh! I think I'm going to go get it wed (it's a 4-hr round trip drive), and have them mail me the accessories. I'm not making the 4-4hr trip a second time. Anyone install this kit themselves?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:07 AM »

Congrats! I ordered mine 2.5 weeks ago. I hadn't heard from the dealer so I gave them a buzz on Friday.  It came in Wed, but the only accessory that came in was the power tank, and they are holding it up waiting for the 12v accessory kit to install it.. Argggh! I think I'm going to go get it wed (it's a 4-hr round trip drive), and have them mail me the accessories. I'm not making the 4-4hr trip a second time. Anyone install this kit themselves?

The accessory kit is very easy to install, but the power tank physically gets in the way of accessing the Sumimoto connector it uses.

Try asking them to move the connector when they install the Power Tank to the left of the tank so the accessory plugin can be made afterward.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »

No but I know it's essentially plug and play.  Tools needed should just be hex drivers and Phillips driver (PH2).  It plugs into the same connector as the heated seat which I have installed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 10:49:53 AM »

There's a couple of PH2 fasteners in a funky location.  What is the recommended tool, maybe a right-angle driver? (i.e. Wadsworth Mini)

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »

There's a couple of PH2 fasteners in a funky location.  What is the recommended tool, maybe a right-angle driver? (i.e. Wadsworth Mini)

I do use a low clearance ratcheting screwdriver. I also found an articulating combination tool that I can snake behind the headlamp or front forks to do the job, but the ratcheting screwdriver is simpler.

And then my lazy/normal method for doing this work is that I separated my tank plastics, joined them to a Power Tank centerpiece without welding the joints, and now can just swing the tank up after taking off the seat and the bolt behind the helmet lock, because the forward mount is flexible. I use a small bungee cord to hold up the sides while I work.

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:52 PM »

The accessory kit is very easy to install, but the power tank physically gets in the way of accessing the Sumimoto connector it uses.

Try asking them to move the connector when they install the Power Tank to the left of the tank so the accessory plugin can be made afterward.
I'm going to call this morning, I think they already put the tank in. If they didn't I'll have them move the connector as you recommended. Thanks for that tip. Never expected them to not get all the accessories I ordered at once. Since they have to do the PT I figured just have them put in the 12v while they had it apart.

c-fut

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:49 AM »

That's awesome! I've turned into an 880-237 commuter doing 84 miles per day, so I sympathize. If yours is yellow, maybe I saw you recently going the opposite way (Oakland-Mountain View commute).

Mine is yellow but I do the even worse 101-80 commute
2016 Zero S ZF13.0
Pages: [1]