• April 26, 2024, 08:35:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where is the BMS reset button?  (Read 3908 times)

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
Where is the BMS reset button?
« on: June 21, 2016, 07:21:30 AM »

I'm getting a warning on my dash (5 flashes followed by 1 flash) and the owners manual tells me I need to reset the BMS with a button but I don't know where it is. I opened the two little holes on the front of the battery pack - the smaller one has four small lights and the larger hole has some kind of small plastic part covered with a milky silicone-type substance. I don't see a button anywhere. Does anyone know where the BMS button is? Thanks.
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Where is the BMS reset button?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 07:41:27 AM »

Yeah, it doesn't look like a button, does it? Above the plastic part in the lower, larger hole are two small plastic nubs. Take something small-tipped like a pen and depress the left one for a few seconds and release.

I'll add this to the unofficial manual...
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:13:20 AM »

Found it. Thank you! It doesn't seem to do anything though so I may have to call Zero in the morning. Do you know what the button on the right is? Both of them are covered in goop and very well camouflaged. Should I be pushing the button with the bike plugged in or does it matter?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »

You could try the right button, too. Honestly, I'm operating on hearsay as well - someone in the know had to explain to me how to do it.

I'll be so glad when this is all settled and easy to refer to!

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 08:58:00 AM »

Thanks Brian. I'll call Zero tomorrow to see if I can get some clarification.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2016, 02:35:50 AM »

I got zero from Zero. I was told that their tech support was only for dealers now and not us lowly owners. The customer service woman told me to call my dealer and if the dealer didn't know about the BMS reset then HE could call Zero. I said "but I'm on the phone now, it's a simple question - just let me talk to a tech." No dice. I called my dealer and, you guessed it, he had to call Zero because he didn't know the answer. The dealer did call me back later and told me everything that Zero had told him but I still didn't get much clarification. I was told to try pushing both buttons and to turn the bike on and off several times to recycle it. He didn't know if I should leave the bike plugged in or not and he didn't know the difference between the 2 buttons. Had I been "allowed" to talk directly to a Zero tech I could have gotten everything answered. Zero has apparently grown to the point where they don't want to or can't deal directly with customers anymore which is a shame. The dealers just don't know the bikes well enough yet. I guess Zero is trying force them to come up to speed. When I first got my bike 1 1/2 years ago Zero tech support was very helpful and they even sent a service tech to my house to pick up my bike and then return it just a few days later after fixing a glitch in the ABS warning light. Now that was super service. Apparently, those days are gone.

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 06:54:43 AM »

Finally got the blink code to go away. I think I pushed the left button while the bike was plugged in, recycled it a few times and that did it, but I'm not completely sure because I tried a bunch of different combinations. Props to the Service Manager, Brian, at Contra Costa Powersports in Concord, California who helped me as much as he could and lent a sympathetic ear.
Pages: [1]