• March 28, 2024, 02:28:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: DigiNow Super Charger officially available from 2 dealers!  (Read 7652 times)

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
DigiNow Super Charger officially available from 2 dealers!
« on: June 20, 2016, 12:57:15 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE OUTSIDE THE FORUMS :

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there! I am letting you guys know ahead of time that digiNow Inc has two confirmed dealers you can place your order with immediately. You guys have all been so supportive in this endeavor that I think its only fair you get a heads up.
We will be doing an official announcement and press release after PPIHC.

We are pleased to announce both our initial dealers :

Hollywood Electrics and Grand Canyon Cycles of Mesa & Mayer
You can place your order with them now. A few of the first in line will be able to get chargers immediately after we deliver the pre-ordered units and everyone else will be sealing their position in the next run to be complete and shipping in 6 weeks.

Contact info for dealers :

Hollywood Electrics :
Shop - (323) 654-8271

Grand Canyon Cycles :
Shop - 480-219-8894
Alternate - 480-529-5390 (maybe best today)
or contact Victor Yarter via facebook

I am really pleased to be announcing this, and hope you guys take advantage of this early notice! Thank you all so much!!

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: DigiNow Super Charger officially available from 2 dealers!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 01:35:20 AM »

Thanks for sharing that info :) A mail will be on it's way from here.

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 02:47:20 AM »

Congrats!  That's good news!

Subscribe to Benswing on YouTube to follow my summer journeys.
Like Ben Rich - Electric Biker on Facebook.

First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

Yon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 03:55:17 AM »

That's great... but what about warranty on our very expensive batteries?   What's Zero Motorcycles' position?

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 05:01:23 AM »

Zero has never declined warrantee service to anyone using a 3rd party charger.  There is no reason to think that policy will change.

Subscribe to Benswing on YouTube to follow my summer journeys.
Like Ben Rich - Electric Biker on Facebook.

First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

ElectricZen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 06:07:03 AM »

I emailed Hollywood Electrics... I am getting all tingly. 

Re: If your worried about your warranty, as discussed in another thread, this may not be the upgrade for you.  However, my brand new DSR is getting a supercharger ASAP! Why?  Because I have an addiction... 😂 and epic trips planned.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:09:55 AM by ElectricZen »

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 07:54:07 AM »

Zen be sure to get a "hard top" tank to replace yours as the charger wont fit under the tank you currently have. ;)

They are not too expensive and Hollywood Electrics likely has a couple in stock.
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 08:55:58 AM »

What is a hard top tank?

Zen be sure to get a "hard top" tank to replace yours as the charger wont fit under the tank you currently have. ;)

They are not too expensive and Hollywood Electrics likely has a couple in stock.
'15 Zero SR

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 09:21:30 AM »

What is a hard top tank?

You can install in the tank area if you buy the plastic Zero uses for the power tank.  You lose the zipper pouch.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 10:07:38 AM »

cost ?????
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »

What is a hard top tank?

Yeah, say what?? Why weren't we told about this when we ordered? I'm supposed to receive the next one, and nobody's said one word about this to me until Ben just did.

I'd assumed there would be some sort of adapter plate to replace the "tank bag" plastic surround and provide an input power connector. I guess that's not how it works?

So where is the plug-in for input power? What sort of connector is it? WTF is going on here?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 08:51:19 PM »

What is a hard top tank?

Yeah, say what?? Why weren't we told about this when we ordered? I'm supposed to receive the next one, and nobody's said one word about this to me until Ben just did.

I'd assumed there would be some sort of adapter plate to replace the "tank bag" plastic surround and provide an input power connector. I guess that's not how it works?

So where is the plug-in for input power? What sort of connector is it? WTF is going on here?
If you look back through the original thread use of power tank plastic is mentioned a couple times by a few different people... myself included... I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the articles too.  I would provide links but I'm at work right now.

You can install in a top box temporarily while you wait for a new tank if you want an under tank install.  New tank is ~$120 from a dealer.

As far as J1772 connector...I think that will be up to each owner to decide how to mount.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

DPsSRnSD

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 09:16:11 PM »

As far as J1772 connector...I think that will be up to each owner to decide how to mount.

Is it possible to mount this under the Charge Tank cover, so it looks OEM? Also, is the Charge Tank cover available as a part?
2020 Zero SR/S
Previously: 2016 Zero SR

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 09:46:06 PM »

I called in to Hollywood Electrics (closed today, left a message), and so then Grand Canyon Cycles; felt a little bad sounded like I woke Victor up [ed. - I'm so bad with timezones OOPS!]. He's great, quoted me a price and hopefully I can place an order today. Super-excited!

*update* Order placed and payment made for a SuperCharger w/ JPlug-Nema adapter and discounted EMW 40A JuiceBox options. Victor is easy to do business with, as well I had a nice chat with him where (amid technical advice and a few great stories) he says Zero Motorcycles are the only factory new bikes sold at Grand Canyon Cycles along with used ICE bikes.

Although I was supposed to be saving money for my future highly-optioned Tesla Model 3... ah, well. Hmm.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:25:27 AM by Shadow »

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 10:01:37 PM »

If you look back through the original thread use of power tank plastic is mentioned a couple times by a few different people... myself included... I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in one of the articles too.  I would provide links but I'm at work right now.

Must have missed that. I started just scanning that thread when it passed ten pages or so.

You can install in a top box temporarily while you wait for a new tank if you want an under tank install.  New tank is ~$120 from a dealer.

No point mounting it int he top box just to move it in a few days. I don't mind the $120, it's the not knowing I needed it until the last moment that's irritating.

Okay, I'm willing to work out some sort of connector and bracket...I actually did buy a high-current J1772 connector a while back when I was going to roll my own. I'm not sure how that services the customers who haven't got parts lying around, though. And it's still not enough information anyhow. What does the input to the charger look like? Big terminal blocks, screw lugs? Or is there some sort of connector on the charger?

Even if I buy the new plastic today and get it in quickly, I still don't know what to do with it! Why can't any of this information be made available so I can prepare for when my unit arrives? What's up with the radio silence?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6