• April 26, 2024, 04:37:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Unofficial Zero Owners Manual  (Read 16619 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Re: Unofficial Zero Owners Manual
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 02:48:59 AM »

Hey, I work on unix systems quite a bit. If you'd like a hand with it, shoot me a message.

I might do that tomorrow. its frustrating me.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2016, 03:27:29 AM »

Thank you! Upload has been a little tedious, but mainly trying to crop and scale photos offline and then go through the form to see them on the page.
as far as photos go, I use this:
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
once installed, you can just right click on some images in windows explorer, and bulk resize.
You can also rotate that way if needed.
then drag/drop into the editor.
click upload
and add inline as needed from the upload links.

from 2 pdfs to wiki page, I did this in about 1 minute flat, but I'm all setup to do stuff like this at work, and I have insane upload speed.

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/FX_Chain_OEM_install_instructions

I didn't mean technically how to crop and resize, but the fact that I'm cropping and resizing offline and then looking online after upload; so I'm thankful for easier upload.

Hopefully, that'll help a Windows user, of course.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2016, 05:20:22 AM »

Good progress on the wiki manual, guys!  Let's keep at it, update it to reflect the communal knowledge we've gained on these forums (fora?)
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 06:47:45 AM »

Thank you! Upload has been a little tedious, but mainly trying to crop and scale photos offline and then go through the form to see them on the page.
as far as photos go, I use this:
https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
once installed, you can just right click on some images in windows explorer, and bulk resize.
You can also rotate that way if needed.
then drag/drop into the editor.
click upload
and add inline as needed from the upload links.

from 2 pdfs to wiki page, I did this in about 1 minute flat, but I'm all setup to do stuff like this at work, and I have insane upload speed.

http://zeromanual.com/index.php/FX_Chain_OEM_install_instructions

I didn't mean technically how to crop and resize, but the fact that I'm cropping and resizing offline and then looking online after upload; so I'm thankful for easier upload.

Hopefully, that'll help a Windows user, of course.
Probably.. its only 90% of the worlds PCs. :p

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2016, 02:51:58 AM »

My free time will be scarce again soon, but I feel like most of the knowledge captured on this forum and from hearsay has been transferred to the wiki.

I will be glad when I can just browse the wiki instead of dealing with people being jerks on this forum, taking the opportunity to mock or twist others' words so they can "well, actually" everything to posture themselves as superior.

Patrick Truchon

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »

I expended the section on removing the tail plastics and added some photos.  In doing so, I noticed that some of my photos were not rotated properly so I fixed them and tried to re-upload them.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the necessary privilege to overwrite current photos (so I changed the names and duplicated them).

Note how it's asking if I want to replace the current file but doesn't give me the option to do it.
Owned:  2013 Zero DS (now dead)
Test rode:  2014 Zero S, SR, 2015 Zero FX, 2016 DSR and FXS
http://ptruchon.pagekite.me/

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2016, 06:29:22 PM »

I expended the section on removing the tail plastics and added some photos.  In doing so, I noticed that some of my photos were not rotated properly so I fixed them and tried to re-upload them.  Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the necessary privilege to overwrite current photos (so I changed the names and duplicated them).

Note how it's asking if I want to replace the current file but doesn't give me the option to do it.

I removed all the duplicated files.
You should be able to click each image to open its page.
From there you should have a link to "Upload a new version of this file"

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2016, 03:36:57 AM »

I've added pictures and write-up on replacing front brake lever.  Can someone please edit for me? I don't know what I'm doing on formatting or style.

I will also be attempting a touring windscreen, top rack, handlebar guards, and accessory plug install... documenting everything with pictures.  Please help yourselves to edit or re-arrange my contributions.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2016, 05:26:48 AM »

I've added pictures and write-up on replacing front brake lever.  Can someone please edit for me? I don't know what I'm doing on formatting or style.

I will also be attempting a touring windscreen, top rack, handlebar guards, and accessory plug install... documenting everything with pictures.  Please help yourselves to edit or re-arrange my contributions.

That's awesome! Don't worry about the wiki niceties yet. Until we get a nicer editor, it's totally understandable to not want to fiddle with the formatting guide using random punctuation to finesse it. I'm glad to help make it look nice.

Also, it's good that you're going through this now while writing it down, because my bike and probably others' who are helping are already customized so we've forgotten what it's like and don't have stock bikes to photograph.

avernon82

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2016, 11:45:00 PM »

the brake pads section of the manual is confusing and wrong in regards to the '15 and '16 FX. The FX has a different front pad than the rest of the model line.

I've edited the page. Feel free to check my work, I dunno what I'm doing just yet.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2016, 12:05:33 PM »

the brake pads section of the manual is confusing and wrong in regards to the '15 and '16 FX. The FX has a different front pad than the rest of the model line.

I've edited the page. Feel free to check my work, I dunno what I'm doing just yet.

It looks good, and is much appreciated. Honestly, putting together the brake pads table was super-confusing trying to sort out who got what right, and which model they reported on (because no one's very clear about their own model - it's always just "my bike").

avernon82

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2016, 02:37:58 PM »

Thanks for all the work you're putting in! It's a great idea!

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2016, 08:59:42 PM »

The FX has a different front pad than the rest of the model line.

Thank you! This is the kind of stuff thats close to impossible to figure out by searching the forum.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2016, 12:59:33 PM »

What is the preferred image size and format for images on the Wiki?

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Unofficial Zero Owners Manual
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2016, 01:25:20 PM »

What is the preferred image size and format for images on the Wiki?

Oh, I don't know. Look at the dimensions of the photos there. I suppose I tend to downsize each dimension to 25% of original and keep the aspect ratio.

The goal is to present whatever is being talked about at just enough resolution to identity but not too big to break up the reading flow. Also no one needs to see every last scratch in a metal surface; too much detail is distracting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11