• April 26, 2024, 06:42:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Proud to have joined the electric club with an SR  (Read 1156 times)

What_clutch

• View Profile
Proud to have joined the electric club with an SR
« on: June 15, 2016, 01:46:03 PM »

So I just picked up my 16' SR today. One of my near by dealerships (KTM) started carrying these. It all happened within a week..I had herd of them before but the range wouldn't suit me well so I never considered one again until recently when I read a review in one of my e-mails I get from a magazine in subscribed to. I went to ZERO's website and looked up dealerships near me and that's when I came across one of my favorite brands carrying them at a new KTM dealership they had opened not too long ago so I decided to schedule a test ride and shortly after coming back I asked to have one put on order and while I waited for them to fill out my paperwork they handed me the keys to their 1290 superduke demo. Needles to say it's been an awesome experience dealing with them and the best one so far and proud to have added another bike to my collection.

Please if you guys have any recommendations on things I should do as in fairy new and haven't done too much research, just enough, please chime in. So far I'm about to place an order on Hollywood electrics Elcon charger and their J plug. Also looking into windscreens, snow plow removal (tail tiddy), bar end mirrors (hate the antler look) and LED's.

laramie LC4

• View Profile
Re: Proud to have joined the electric club with an SR
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:04:42 PM »

congrats and welcome to the club. i used to bleed nothing but orange too, that was until my first demo ride on a Zero.  :o

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:06 PM »

I still do! I don't think I'll ever not be able to I love KTM. I have their Duke 690

laramie LC4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:18 PM »

out of my 4 orange bikes i still got 2. sold the LC4-640 and the Duke2 along with lot's of rare parts to fund the FXS buy. still have the 990R and 525EXC sitting in the corner, but they haven't moved since i got the Zero.

laters,

laramie  ;)
ZERO- '16 FX-S
KTM- 990R, 525EXC

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 11:08:51 PM »

I still love KTM, even though every bike I have had from them broke in some odd way... Looking back, its almost amusing.
I grew up a KTM fanboy, reading dirtbike magazine and drooling over the orange underdog.

Everyone that knows me in real life thinks I love Honda motorcycles...I dont mean to keep buying Hondas, but they keep making bikes I like. I still drool over the KTMs, but I dont buy them anymore.

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Those are solid bikes buddy I loved those when they came out..I have a feeling that'll somewhat happen to me but I'm too much of a petrol head to love without them I also sold about 8k worth of parts from my R1 build to fund this bike also. I can't see myself not making any noise here and there with my buddies in the canyons but I do have to sell one or maybe two of the ICE bikes as you guys refer to them. Here's what I have and need to take a picture with the ZERO in.

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:27:43 AM »

Mrdude..their technology has really gotten a lot more advanced after having bikes on the road for a few years and seeing the problems they have come up with. I'm still yet to have any issues with any of the KTM's I have owned they've been really reliable.

You know, that's a brand I'm still yet to own unless you count my 50cc pit bike haha. They've just never done it for me they don't do anything or sound different in any way than other bikes for me to go with one of their bikes..but that's just my personal opinion.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 01:38:17 AM »

Mrdude..their technology has really gotten a lot more advanced after having bikes on the road for a few years and seeing the problems they have come up with. I'm still yet to have any issues with any of the KTM's I have owned they've been really reliable.

Mine had odd problems.. for example, the magnets flew off the stator (this also happened to someone else I know, with a different KTM model)
The end of the crank sheered off where its machined to meet the clutch basket (fixed under warranty)
After that, I sold it. I didnt like having a "dealership rebuilt" engine.

You know, that's a brand I'm still yet to own unless you count my 50cc pit bike haha. They've just never done it for me they don't do anything or sound different in any way than other bikes for me to go with one of their bikes..but that's just my personal opinion.
Yeah, My first bike was a Hawk GT. Nothing much like them until the SV650 took of.  The CR500 isnt like anything else, but I love KTM for keeping the two-stroke alive and modern... The RC51 was the only reliable big bore Vtwin of its time, and the blackbird was an amazing touring bike...  then the 08 CBR1000 came out and it was the first literbike that handled better than the current 600, and made low end grunt for cruising. If they just slapped bags on it and called it a sport touring bike, it would be an icon... instead the following years everyone redid their literbikes with short wheelbases and stacked transmissions to match.. and now its a bland midpacker that is overdue for a refresh. Only it and the S1000 are really good low-midrange RPM bikes.. They're both underappreciated in that regard.

so yeah.. not Honda fanboy.. I just like their oddball stuff I like Vtwin sportbikes and big two strokes... so theres that.
You wont catch me praising much of their current lineup. lol.

Eolas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »

Yay SR!

I got mine back in November, and my Honda Interceptor hasn't been ridden since.  Love the Zero... you're gonna have so much fun!!! :)

oobflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 10:07:18 AM »

Congratulations! I got my '15 SR last year and love it. Rode gas bikes 40+ yrs, but sold my last one a couple of years ago. Thought I might miss it, but turns out - not so much :-)
2021 Energica Ribelle, 2015 Zero SR, 2012 Zero ZF9, 2007 Vectrix VX-1 Li+, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Nissan Leaf, 2020 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2023 Tesla Model Y

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 10:36:43 AM »

Mrdude..damn man you were kidding about odd balls problems out of the few years I've been on the KTM forums I hadn't herd of that. I did have a flywheel that slides into the crank that slinks the timing plate on the quad come flying off but that's as oddball as I've gotten luckily, which is a Yamaha.

I get where your coming from definitely agree with you on the points you've made there.

How about that Honda RC213V eh? I'm diggin' that.

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 10:40:39 AM »

Thanks fellas I definitely love the bike so far. So simple yet so much fun. Completely love the idea behind this..I might end up getting myself in more trouble with this than the other bikes haha.

Took another picture today after going up and checking out some California coastal goodness..it was a bit overcast today but it never gets old.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »

Thanks fellas I definitely love the bike so far. So simple yet so much fun. Completely love the idea behind this..I might end up getting myself in more trouble with this than the other bikes haha.

Took another picture today after going up and checking out some California coastal goodness..it was a bit overcast today but it never gets old.

Cool! Where near the California coast are you?
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »

How about that Honda RC213V eh? I'm diggin' that.

As soon as my motorcycle budget hits $183,000+ I think I'll go pick one up. LOL

What_clutch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:37:56 AM »

Cool! Where near the California coast are you?

I'm in San Diego. Summer is just about starting..going to start getting hot around here.
Pages: [1]