• March 28, 2024, 03:58:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Truckee cops get a Zero FXP  (Read 711 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Truckee cops get a Zero FXP
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »

In my newspaper yesterday was a fairly long article written by the Associated Press (no less) regarding the city of Truckee, CA (located near Lake Tahoe) buying an FXP to be used for patrolling their town and the local 20 miles of developed trails, plus another 35 miles of proposed future trails. The article quotes a police captain saying that: "The integration of the dual purpose electric motorcycle will provide the Truckee Police with the ability to expand our existing patrol efforts, which we believe will improve the level of service we provide to our community." The article goes on to quote the officer as saying: "With no emissions and nearly no noise while being ridden the Zero allows officers to be in several environments and situations where it will not disturb the natural surroundings, but can still function as a fully quipped police vehicle."
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

pacificcricket

• View Profile
Re: Truckee cops get a Zero FXP
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 08:28:10 AM »

Very cool. Park Rangers and similar agencies all over the nation could use those bikes with a great success.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 06:25:05 AM »

So they can 'neek up on you!  Theirs appears to be an FX or FXS and has been spotted serving active duty by my coworkers.

I'd be freaking out if I had to ride a Zero on the bicycle trails, the North Tahoe area is rather well known for its "2 dogs per person, no exceptions" norm when you're a local resident. Not that I'd ride my, erm, 2016 DSR on a bicycle path or would admit to having tried this... or something. It's not like you would ever go where you shouldn't go on a dual-sport, right?

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

Haha I know that feeling, there's a trail on an old landfill where I live and I can't get past it without wondering how the DS would perform on it.
Pages: [1]