• April 27, 2024, 09:56:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zero SR Acceleration tests 0-100kph / 0-60mph  (Read 8621 times)

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
Re: Zero SR Acceleration tests 0-100kph / 0-60mph
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 06:56:09 AM »

@Rider7 it's a wise idea to keep your bike in Eco mode while you adjust to the bike's quirks (or lack thereof) in the first month you ride it. Also this is a good time to break in the new tires, and especially check belt tension with a gauge every few rides (it has a tendancy to swell and become over-tight the first 3k miles). Eco or Sport modes are identical in regards to initial and ongoing maintenance.

Shadow,
Thanks for the tips. I am sure I'll be watching out for wheelspin like on my ZRX-1200R I just sold. That beast spun second gear dry asphalt out of turns. It was lovey, but my gosh, how much steel do I have to through around a turn to have found?
My second bike is a Suzuki GS-500, and it comes close to motocross fun with that light weight when you rev it. You can throw it with the tail hanging out like a dirt bike. It weighs 375.
So the DSR at 419 will be just a bit more inertia ish...

I cannot wait to call the power bomb DSR mine in a week or so.
But I will also break it in like you suggested since this is the first brand new vehicle ever in my life and why stress it out without beaking it in.
I'll have this bike for 5 years at least if not longer.
I test rode all of the bikes at the AF-1 Racing dealership in Austin and was surprised that I only once wanted to phantom shift. But I am sure I'll be clutching and shifting accidentally as soon as I ride it every day.

Thanks for the belt tip. Yes, I was planning on getting the belt tension gauge.
I am a bike mechanic and think I have a good feel for things, but then again, the gauge takes any doubt out of the equation.
I am so looking forward to not changing oil, adjusting valves, synching carbs, let alone rebuilding them.
Gosh, I am so over these stinky gas guzzlers.

Thanks for your input Shadow.

Oliver
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 12:16:08 PM »

In Vegas the cops can give you a ticket for as little as just revving your engine. This also went for
" hole shot " starts. It is an " exhibition of power " ticket. Violation Code 1009. Similar penalty to reckless driving.
First offense is over $200. I know that the SOUND part doesn't apply to the Zeros, but, it is still something to
check out in your area  before getting throttle happy.
I got a ticket in California about 30 years ago on a turbocharged motorcycle. The citation was
for: SPEED CONTEST. APPROXIMATE SPEED 20 MPH.
I contested the ticket and eventually it was dismissed.

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 04:50:14 AM »

In Vegas the cops can give you a ticket for as little as just revving your engine. This also went for
" hole shot " starts. It is an " exhibition of power " ticket. Violation Code 1009. Similar penalty to reckless driving.
First offense is over $200. I know that the SOUND part doesn't apply to the Zeros, but, it is still something to
check out in your area  before getting throttle happy.
I got a ticket in California about 30 years ago on a turbocharged motorcycle. The citation was
for: SPEED CONTEST. APPROXIMATE SPEED 20 MPH.
I contested the ticket and eventually it was dismissed.

KrazyEd,

Thanks, I never imagined that.
But one good thing is that the zeros are coming off the line so stealthily.
So it doesn't alert everybody around you including cops that you're going full throttle.

But I appreciate the heads up, I'll scan as always before having fun.
By the way, I am actually not condoning irresponsible riding like I see it done often by crotch rocket riders.
But I see nothing wrong with clearing out traffic either from still stand or moving traffic if I still keep my relative position and speed in a range where I still always habe an out.
It's been working out for 32 years so far for me.

Thanks again.

Rider7
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

Doctorbass

• Battery tech
    • View Profile
    • Endless-sphere.com
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 02:34:38 AM »

I will check for my SR 2017 with powertank soon.

I have the Vbox GPS tool that measure at very high accuracy all performance data.

Doc
Zero Drag racing bike: 12.2s 1/4 mile and 7.3s 1/8 mile

T w i t t e r  :     http://twitter.com/DocbassMelancon
Pages: 1 2 [3]