• April 26, 2024, 02:49:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Come back RADAMS!  (Read 1542 times)

guity

• View Profile
Come back RADAMS!
« on: September 27, 2009, 04:25:17 AM »

And give us the details please!

radams

• View Profile
Sorry, what would you guys want to know?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:10:12 AM »

Well,
I've had the bike for 10 days now (of course it rained 5 of those days) and it's a very fun, very easy bike to ride. And it does attract a lot of attention.

Range: I live about 9 miles out of town, so most of my riding is at highway speeds and my range is about 28-35 miles (keep in mind that I'm a little heavy on the throttle). I took a 17 mile ride the other day (mostly highway) and still had 22.8 miles remaining on the gauge. The battery level drops noticeably at 60-65 mph, but as soon as you reduce speed in town or stop for a little bit, the battery level (and your range) goes back up (I've seen it go from 30% all the way back up to 57%).

Also I believe that they may have built in some sort of a reserve... I ventured a little too far away from home today on a joy ride and had a stiff headwind on the return trip. Long story short I was on the highway 2 miles from home and I was showing 0.0 miles remaining on my range and 0% battery. I was nervous... however, I still had FULL power and made it home just fine.

What else do you guys want to know (or want pictures of )?

guity

• View Profile
Re: Come back RADAMS!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 09:33:42 AM »

All Right!  Thanks for the update!  What's your top speed so far?  How fast is the bike off the line?  What has been the most notable thing to you about driving it?  Do the batteries charge fast enough for you?  Have you ever had to carry anything on the bike and how?  When you say you get 28-35 miles at highway speeds, how fast is "highway speeds"?   So far, do you recommend the bike?

radams

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »

Guity,

Top speed is about 65 mph, and it appears that it may be limited to that speed because you can get to and hold top speed with only about 75-80% throttle. And at top speed it doesn't seem to let you use more that about 80% battery power but you can give it 100% power at lower speeds.

Highway cruising speed for me is about 62 mph (unless the battery level is getting low then I back it down to 55-57 mph). And just about everywhere I go I tend to speed a little bit, without the noise or vibration you don't realize how fast you are actually going.

Yeah, I recommend the bike. And I'm looking forward to the wi fi connectivity so I can adjust the power settings. Josh (the Head Tech) said that the bike power is set to the optimum power to distance ratio setting, however I'd love to play with it at full power.

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 03:24:56 AM »

Thank you thank you thank you radams!  How quick is it off the line?  How long to charge it back up?   
Pages: [1]