• April 26, 2024, 06:40:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Zero Touring Screen  (Read 4933 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Zero Touring Screen
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 11:04:49 PM »

I tried two angles on the touring screen; one where the stock bars were pushed forward until the rubber cap touched the mounting clamp and the other where there was about a 1/2" between the rubber cap and the mounting clamp. In both cases the bottom of the screen was nearly touching the headlamp housing. The first configuration left the screen as upright as possible with the supplied hardware and didn't appreciably increase noise over my commuter screen. The second configuration gave the screen more back-sweep but I couldn't leave the airfoil in the top three positions because of the noise.
Third option not mentioned is omit the rubber caps and have the touring screen all the way out.

originalspacerob

• View Profile
Zero Touring Screen
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 06:47:11 PM »

I pushed mine as far forward as I could with the caps off. The wind noise was still really loud. I had to cut 3/4" off the bottom so I can angle it up more and not hit the plastic around the light. Finally a lot quieter. I also do not get the headlight reflection anymore. This is due to the turndown at the very front not there anymore. This is the area that reflected the light onto the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:56:03 PM by originalspacerob »
First Electric Motorcycle, 2017 ZERO DSR
2004 R1150GS ADV
1980 GS550
2008 XR650L, CRF front forks and Wilbers Rear Shock
2001 Ural Patrol
2006 TTR230

Burpman

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017, 12:15:10 AM »

I pushed mine as far forward as I could with the caps off. The wind noise was still really loud. I had to cut 3/4" off the bottom so I can angle it up more and not hit the plastic around the light. Finally a lot quieter. I also do not get the headlight reflection anymore. This is due to the turndown at the very front not there anymore. This is the area that reflected the light onto the screen.

Best tip of the year, thanks!!!
Was on the verge of buying a larger screen, but is not necessary anymore ;-)
Cut 10mm of my windscreen.
Big different already.
Try this a while and maybe cut off even more.

originalspacerob

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »

Best tip of the year, thanks!!!
Was on the verge of buying a larger screen, but is not necessary anymore ;-)
Cut 10mm of my windscreen.
Big different already.
Try this a while and maybe cut off even more.
So great to hear it worked for you also. I cut about 10mm off the first trial but decided on more. I used a cut off disk for my dremel and then the sanding disk. Followed by the polishing disk. Worked real nice.
    The turn down looks nice but definitely restricts the movement.
    One more tip.  I had a hard time getting the screws to get nice and tight on the ball adjusters. So i used some grease on the threads of the screws used to clamp the ball mounts. They tighten down much better.  Reduces stress on the threads and they turn easier when tightening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First Electric Motorcycle, 2017 ZERO DSR
2004 R1150GS ADV
1980 GS550
2008 XR650L, CRF front forks and Wilbers Rear Shock
2001 Ural Patrol
2006 TTR230
Pages: 1 2 [3]