• March 29, 2024, 02:33:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: unbalanced signal when charged  (Read 693 times)

quixotic

• View Profile
unbalanced signal when charged
« on: May 08, 2016, 09:06:05 AM »

After a longish ride and a long charge, the three green lights started the 1/4 second blink as expected.  But I noticed that occasionally, the unbalanced signal would appear (two outer greens followed by the inner green).  Maybe once every minute or two for a few seconds, and then disappearing, going back to the 1/4 second blink.  The battery was not overly warm; in fact, it seemed just barely warm to the touch.  Is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Evan

I just went to have another look with a stop-watch.  Took about 3 minutes for me to catch the unbalanced signal.  It lasted for perhaps 5 seconds, and then disappeared.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:13:44 AM by quixotic »
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

quixotic

• View Profile
Re: unbalanced signal when charged
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »

An update from 8 hours later.  Same behaviour, but the unbalanced signal came on more often.  And the lights never got to the stage when they light up for a full second; just the 1/4 second flash.  The solid green light on the speedometer was steady though, so I unplugged the bike.  After that, the battery gave the periodic flash from the right-side green light, indicating all was well.  When I have a few minutes, I'll have to sit down and watch it for a while, to see if the unbalanced signal shows up again. 

zerotracer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 10:57:41 PM »

I also noticed it, but it's normal.
They changed the battery system in 2013, and closed the gap over the "4 LED" display in 2015

Let the BMS do it´s job and everyting is fine
Yamaha FZ6 S2 - 2008 "sold"
Zero S ZF9 - 2012 - production nr. 0014 "sold"
Zero S ZF11.4 - 2013 - production nr. 2887 - firmware updated 12/3-14 - new BMS board 28/7-14 - ZF12.5 battery upgrade 20/4-16

Denmark Europe

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 11:44:28 PM »

Thanks ZT.  Yeah, I just checked it again.  In the unplugged and turned-off state, the light wasn't doing anything. But when I switched the key on, the four lights went to 5 sec's on and 1 sec off, indicating normal full charge. 
Pages: [1]