• April 25, 2024, 09:31:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: To all FXS owners.  (Read 880 times)

Coolio

• View Profile
To all FXS owners.
« on: April 09, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »

So im close to dropping some cash on the zero FXS, but before I do im curious to hear some input from the Fxs owners out there? 
--how has your experience been with the fxs/ any regrets?
--what is the actual range you are getting in your daily use of it?
--what type of riding do you use it for? (type of commuting etc...)
--any input you would like to add about the Zero FXS on anything will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

MajorMajor

• View Profile
Re: To all FXS owners.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 02:15:00 AM »

My FXS has been a blast, really only one problem.
Range is as stated on the website, though you'll get less in really cold weather.
Commuting, I rarely get below 80% on my commute.

Only problem is the bike is so much fun, I want to ride it for a thousand miles but it can't even give me 60 on a full charge (which takes almost 9 hours).
The range will only get worse with time as the battery weakens which is really a shame.
Love everything about it except for the range.
I've had it for a few weeks and already multiple places I wanted to get to were out of my range.
I knew fully well what the range was when I bought it and it's been fantastic for my commute. But it can't give me anything beyond the commute which is a shame since I love riding it.

If you're getting one I suggest you also get the hand guards for it. They make it a lot more robust in a crash.

Coolio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »

Thanks for your comment MajorMojor. Im right on the edge of buying the FXS or saving a bit more for the SR due to the range. My commute to work is less than 5 miles but I like a fun ride every now and again...60 miles before a charge is real close....

--Does anyone know if the SR can go up/down a normal size curb at slow speeds without bottoming out?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 02:12:49 PM by Coolio »

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 03:09:28 PM »

Yes you can go over curbs with an SR. Have done it several times after getting pinned into the parking spot I use sometimes at work.
Pages: [1]