• April 26, 2024, 05:30:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Contactor Error after overwintering  (Read 696 times)

ms1985

• View Profile
Contactor Error after overwintering
« on: April 06, 2016, 02:21:23 PM »

Hello together,

after the german winter, which was not very cold, my fx 2013 will not start. I stored the batteries inside my flat and the fx was covered with a water resistant tarpaulin. When I plug in the first battery I get the following failure code (Contactor Error). It seems the relay is not working. When I plug in the second battery I can hear something clicking every 1 or 2 seconds, maybe the relay? Why is the clicking only appearing when plugging in the second battery? Neither with one or two batteries the fx will not start. The BMS LED of the battery is blinking green every few seconds, so it seems to be ok.

Any Idea to solve the problem without shipping the fx to the garage?

Where can I buy the relay?

Regards Martin

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
Re: Contactor Error after overwintering
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:40:05 PM »

I had a similar situation with my 2015 FX. The clicking you hear is most likely the contactor which is located on each battery.  That is the click you hear when key is turned on, etc. Best to take it to a good dealer. They can hook it to the computer and diagnose exactly what is wrong. Mine had a bad controller which was replaced under warranty in a week! I think the dealer said it was roughly an $1100.00 USD part!
Pages: [1]