• April 24, 2024, 02:44:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero SR 11.4 - 2014 for Sale  (Read 1528 times)

SLO Electric

• View Profile
Zero SR 11.4 - 2014 for Sale
« on: April 04, 2016, 10:51:42 AM »

Hi there,

I have truly enjoyed every minute that I have spend on my Zero. As most of you here know it is a feeling like no other! I recently quit my job, however, and need to establish some liquidity. If you've ever ridden a Zero SR and are taller than about 5'10 then you know it’s a tight fit for taller guys. This isn't a problem with this bike as it has been modified by Hollywood Electrics (Harlan’s shop - the #1 Zero dealer in the world) to accommodate a taller rider.

The changes were done the right, expensive way by installing the following:

- New, longer, Zero Dual Sport forks
- New Rear mono-shock
- New, taller kickstand.

These changes brings the seat height to from 31.8 to approximately 33.5 inches with correct jounce and calibrated rebound remaining. I am 6'4 and fit on the bike comfortably. I would estimate that it would be a great fit for a rider between 5'9 to 6'6.

These alterations cost $2,500 but were worth their weight in gold for a taller rider. I jumped on my buddies 2015 SR who lives in Vegas and it really is much smaller feeling and forced me into an uncomfortable riding position.

I just put brand new Bridgestone Battle-ax T30 tires on the bike which now have 250 miles on them. I also have the $600 dollar quick charger that I’ll include.

There are no scratches or dings on the bike and it truly looks right off the showroom floor.

It has the same HP, torque, acceleration and speed specs as the new 2016’s. Feel free to take a look at the Zero Product Page here: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-s/2014/specs.php?model=sr

The bike cost $22,000 out the door with the modifications and quick charger. I am asking $12,900 and live in San Luis Obispo, CA.

Feel free to shoot me over any questions. Thanks!

Kocho

• View Profile
Re: Zero SR 11.4 - 2014 for Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:46:24 PM »

I'm 6'4" and I know how most bikes feel cramped for us big guys. However, with these mods it does not seem like the seating position was changed at all!

Your changes affected just the ground clearance and likely the longer forks make the ride more cushioned. Did you have the foot pegs and foot brake modified in any way? The handlebars raised or moved forward? The seat itself, was it raised relative to the rest of the bike? Etc. The angle of the foot brake pedal was the most objectionable thing for me when I test rode the 2014 models...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:50:50 PM by Kocho »
'15 Zero SR

SLO Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »

Morning Kocho,

The biggest improvement to a bigger rider is the extra clearance for your legs.

When riding a stock SR, at 6'4 your legs will be jammed into the side of the bike to fit. With the seat raised by around 2 inches, it significantly increases the space and improves the seated angle for your legs.

The forks had to be increased in length to accommodate the seat height increase or, as you can imagine, the angle of the rider would be shifted forward.

Thanks for the question.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:38:16 AM by SLO Electric »

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:49 AM »

- New Rear mono-shock

AHA!!! So there is a replacement for the crappy rear shock on the 2014 SR!

Do you know what brand? Is a standard length available (I'm 5'11" myself)? Do you know if the mounts needed machining? In any event, you said Harlan did the replacement so he'd have all the necessary information?
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

SLO Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:45:12 AM »

Hi Doug,

I should have the information about the brand of shock and mods but I don't. The original owner had Hollywood Electrics make the changes before I bought the bike.

I don't have any of the original parts but at 5'11 you might enjoy the added room.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 01:04:57 AM »

I don't have any of the original parts but at 5'11 you might enjoy the added room.

I'm pretty okay with the seating position of my bike...I've ridden it 24,000 miles and it works fine for me. I have a 29-inch inseam, so all my height is from the waist up.  I'm more worried about the adverse effect on aerodynamics increasing the cross-section would have, so I'm going to keep it the same....maybe even shorten it an inch if it's an off-the-shelf solution -- though of course nobody wants less clearance in the turns!

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 07:07:03 AM »

Sorry, I still don't understand how a taller fork changes the seating position during riding. Yes, it would make a difference stopped, but it won't change the leg and arms position while riding, would it? As a taller rider I don't mind having a seat low to the ground when I'm stopped. But I do mind the foot pegs being too close to the seat. Does your bike change the distance between the seat and the foot pegs in any way vs. the original?

Morning Kocho,

The biggest improvement to a bigger rider is the extra clearance for your legs.

When riding a stock SR, at 6'4 your legs will be jammed into the side of the bike to fit. With the seat raised by around 2 inches, it significantly increases the space and improves the seated angle for your legs.
'15 Zero SR

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 07:24:35 AM »

AHA!!! So there is a replacement for the crappy rear shock on the 2014 SR!
Possibly more than one... Y.S.S. makes great stuff.  They set it up completely for top/bottom mounts & bushings if any, bike / rider weight, swingarm geometry, riding style, etc., spring and all (some units allow ride-height adjustment too).  I was going to go with the G-506 TRWL (bottom of page) for my 'MX', but went with the Zero Fox shock instead - and I use Y.S.S. RG366-395's on my CR ICE bike.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

SLO Electric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 12:28:28 AM »

Kocho - you might be right. I thought the seat had been raised separately but can't find any documentation.

It does have more leg room than my buddies stock SR though so some alteration has been made in addition to what is in the listing to create the space.

Kocho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 04:14:30 AM »

Thanks!
'15 Zero SR

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 04:24:29 AM »

I thought the seat had been raised separately but can't find any documentation.

Have the pegs been lowered? If the suspension is taller, the pegs can be lowered without risk of scraping in the corners. Might be easier than raising the seat. We have no shifter to re-configure. :-)
Pages: [1]