• April 26, 2024, 04:07:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2013 S Accessories - Fender Eliminator, Integrated turn signals, SAE connection  (Read 2249 times)

MorbidBBQ

• View Profile

I recently got a 2013 S, and have it shipped off for the zero monolith battery replacement campaign.
I'm planning some upgrades for when I get it back in a few weeks, and was wondering if anyone could recommend specific parts.

Immediate upgrades:
Fender Eliminator
Brake light with integrated turn signals

Future Upgrades:
SAE 12volt pigtail and DC-DC converter for accessories (Dash/Evidence Camera, Phone charger, radar detector, ect...)

Here's a google spreadsheet I'm trying to keep up to date with any recommendations.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ru6h96TQOvcV4OnvM78yfiEus6u0FZpPontLfdYKKnE/edit?usp=sharing

Post some pics of what you've done!
2013 Zero S
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2005 Ninja 250
1983 Honda CSR

Yon

• View Profile

You already have a 300 watt DC DC converter. There are two extra 12v leads on a 10A or 15A fuse under the tank.

MorbidBBQ

• View Profile

You already have a 300 watt DC DC converter. There are two extra 12v leads on a 10A or 15A fuse under the tank.

Awesome!  Where should I connect to; fuse 2 (accessory port)?  Or the high voltage fuse 3 DC-DC?  I want to be able to leave a camera connected, and just give it power when I start it up.

I see some diagrams in the user manual.  Page 91.http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2013/2013-Zero-Owners-Manual-S-DS.pdf]
[url]http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2013/2013-Zero-Owners-Manual-S-DS.pdf
[/url]
2013 Zero S
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2005 Ninja 250
1983 Honda CSR

morimaxx

• View Profile
    • My personal blog (german only)

I recently got a 2013 S, and have it shipped off for the zero monolith battery replacement campaign.
As I also have a Zero S 2013 can you tell me more about that battery replacement?

Ndm

• View Profile

Yes I'm curious as well, haven't heard from zero at all
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile

Looks like you already purchased quite a bit of stuff already...here are some of the parts I used to upgrade my 2014 S.  I upgraded to an Opt7 LED headlight also but didn't include it since its already on your purchased list.

R&G "Tail Tidy" Fender Elminator

Atpmtas Universal Motorcycle Rear View Side Mirrors Integrated LED Turn Signals

SYLVANIA LED Premium White Miniature Bulb

Barkbusters S5-BK Storm Black Handguard with Single-Sided Bar End Mounting Kit for 7/8"/1" Bars

Oxford Heaterz Premium Sports Heated Handlebar Grips

Luggage Electrix PAC-023 SAE Y-Cable

This pic was before I put on the barkbusters, side mirrors with integrated turn signals, Oxford heaterz, Zero wind screen and GIVI top box.

I put a 12V battery under the tank plastic so that I could run the XKGlow lights while the bike is OFF.  I ran an SAE connector down and zip tied it to the rear passenger peg so that I can plug a 12V charger in for the battery dedicated to the XKGlow LEDs.

XKGlow LED Lights

Talentcell Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery

You can connect to either of these two connectors for switched 12V power coming from the DC-DC but I have only been able to find connectors for the SAE connector (although I haven't looked that hard for the other connector type....the heated seat from Zero plugs into this connector and also the Zero accessory Y cable).  I'm sure someone on here knows what the other connector type is at which point it should be pretty easy to track one down if you want to go that route.

12V switched power SAE Connector under tank plastic

12V switched power connector under tank plastic for Zero heated seat or Zero Y cable

« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 07:42:56 AM by mrwilsn »
2014 Zero S

MorbidBBQ

• View Profile

Awesome, thanks for the info and pics.  As far as details on the battery replacement.   I emailed ZERO with the VIN asking about a warranty transfer, and was told about the battery swap program.  Apparently they are notifying dealers now, and notification will go out to owners in a week or so. 

Just email them with the VIN to see if yours applies (mine is the 11.4kwh battery).

I just bought all that stuff today; Figured it was cheap enough to take the gamble.
2013 Zero S
2007 Yamaha FZ6
2005 Ninja 250
1983 Honda CSR

Fivespeed302

• View Profile

I have also been wanting to do the integrated tail light thing.  I have it on my R1 and it looks fantastic.  I went ahead and ordered the one you detailed in your spreadsheet.  I hope the fit is decent, I'll post pics when it arrives.
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

Fivespeed302

• View Profile

Update - I just got the new light.  It is not the same size as the old light, it is much more narrow.  I still need to get a T-45 bit so I can remove the seat and get to the wiring.  I'm not sure if this will work at all, I may remove the light and just use it as a license plate bracket since the whole thing was less than $11.  I'll know more when I get into the project,
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

Fivespeed302

• View Profile

I apologize ahead of time.  I can't figure out how to resize the pics.  I've tried searching the web and tried several suggestions but all got the same results.

I finally finished the fender eliminator on the Zero.  I had bought a "integrated taillight" on EBay for less than $11, but the light was the wrong size and I couldn't figure out how to hook it up and the connectors didn't match up.  So I chucked the light and kept the aluminum bracket that is used to mount to the bike.  After flipping it around and comparing the hole patterns, I figured out that by flipping it upside down the holes matched the holes on the bike. 

From there I drilled a few new holes, reamed out some existing holes, made a couple of bends, and next thing you know, it came together.  I was even able to reuse the plate light.

From this:

To this:

2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog

I apologize ahead of time.  I can't figure out how to resize the pics.  I've tried searching the web and tried several suggestions but all got the same results.

Try limiting the pixel width of the image:
Code: [Select]
[img width=800][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/e9V58Sw.jpg[/img]

1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Fivespeed302

• View Profile
2015 Zero SR
2009 Yamaha R1
Pages: [1]