• March 29, 2024, 12:33:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FX wheels on a DSR?  (Read 657 times)

xsi3rr4x

• View Profile
FX wheels on a DSR?
« on: March 04, 2016, 02:37:10 AM »

Hey guys, I tried searching the forum, but didnt come up with much info. I am putting my order in through my local dealer and was wondering if you are able to get the FX (Spoked Wheels) on the DSR, I like the look and height of the FX wheels much more. Anyone know if zero would do this for me since the bikes are made to order anyways?

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
Re: FX wheels on a DSR?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:39:17 AM »

I'd be surprised that Zero makes it's standard models to order as they are all the same ie. They don't customise the standard models per customer. Be aware of you switch to the FX wheels that they are designed for a much lighter bike so tyres may be smaller than needed, the front disc rotor is smaller etc. The DSR uses a different rotor and attachment to the front wheel than  the FX so you're very likely to have trouble getting the front brake setup to work with a spoked wheel on the DSR.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

xsi3rr4x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 04:10:48 AM »

The weird part is though I noticed that the 2014 models had spoked wheels, but in 2015 they switched the wheels to the same design as the S

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:26:20 AM »

Yep, and they changed the rotor size too on the DS so I'm not sure that even a 2014 DS hub with 313mm rotor custom built  with appropriate FX like rims would work on a DSR that is designed for a 320mm rotor.

The 2016 FX and DSR fork legs are different to support the 240mm vs 320mm rotors - see the Studio photos on the Zero site.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf
Pages: [1]