• March 28, 2024, 10:56:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Free 12.5 kW battery in my 2013 DS  (Read 788 times)

vkruger

• View Profile
Free 12.5 kW battery in my 2013 DS
« on: February 28, 2016, 05:17:43 AM »

Thanks ZERO! I had a bad BMS that was replaced but the 11.4 kW battery would not charge fully so my dealer worked with the factory and had it shipped and a new 12.5 kW battery installed. The only problems were it took a couple of months but could have done it much faster but then I would only have gotten a 12 kW 2014 battery and they reconnected and turned on my seat heat (which I had never used) so I fried my but on the highway the 22 miles home. Its had to find the switch at 80 mph with gloves on. I didn't mind the wait because I got a 2016 DSR in November (1.1 k on it). Now I have to decide if I want to keep it as a spare bike with only 4 k on it or sell it to make more room in the garage.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Free 12.5 kW battery in my 2013 DS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

Wow, two months? I'd be climbing up the wall! It took ten days to turn my DS around with it's failed charger. Five of those were down to the availability of the driver who has been doing a lot of Zero gathering lately. I had a courtesy bike, which made all the difference. I was thanked for my patience.

Why not flog the DS and buy a sports tourer?
Pages: [1]