• April 23, 2024, 09:40:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero FXS service manual  (Read 3173 times)

MrDude_1

• View Profile
Zero FXS service manual
« on: February 10, 2016, 10:27:31 PM »

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Zero FXS service manual? It might be called "repair manual"....

NOT the owners manual... but the actual repair manual a shop would have for the bike.
I know I can get the owners manual from here: http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/owner-resources/

is there a similar URL for dealerships that I can access without a login?  Or a copy of a PDF from there?

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
Re: Zero FXS service manual
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 10:32:11 PM »

You have to have a dealer login to access that information
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:28:39 AM »

once a dealer logs in, is it a downloadable PDF or is it page by page on the website?

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:40 AM »

Over the last year or so I've asked a number of people who should know - Zero employees, dealers,  etc. - about service manuals, and they've all told me differing versions of the same thing - there really aren't any, at least not in a typical Big Four / Clymer type format.  At first I didn't believe this, but now I do, fer sure. :)

I think what does exist is a database of various assembly / disassembly instruction sets, like these:

Chain Kit Installation, pp. 1-9

Chain Kit Installation, pp. 10-18

Some of this info is released to purchasers of various Zero accessories and given 88-prefix part numbers, but I believe most of it is Zero-only (in house and/or dealer), especially anything related to the motor / controller / MBB / etc.

Ray

'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 01:17:10 AM »

once a dealer logs in, is it a downloadable PDF or is it page by page on the website?

So I found the dealer website...
http://zeroserviceportal.com/index.php

Does anyone know of a public login I can use? Apparently I need a Dealer Code and a password... but I dont want to get anyone into any trouble...

chdfarl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »

Posted this on the other thread but it's worth mentioning at least twice.
http://righttorepair.org/main/default.aspx

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 08:43:52 PM »

So I found the dealer website...
http://zeroserviceportal.com/index.php

Does anyone know of a public login I can use? Apparently I need a Dealer Code and a password... but I dont want to get anyone into any trouble...

Its all drop down menu style so you have to know what your looking for....

Hence why i said in a different thread if you post puctures of the exact problem etc you will grt more exact answer
If your just lookinh for schematics for the hell of it, they arnt going to give them out...

Ask a specific question you might get answers

I dont think a desler would give acess to anyone as they all signed an non disclosure agreement, so legally i dont think they could give you that information even if they sgree with you
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 04:12:04 AM »

Even if Zero does not have a "Service Manual" it be great if they made a web portal where we can download the PDF instruction / service information like the chain install above. They have owner manuals on the zero website, just needs a link added to also include repair / installation manuals.

I am sure they sell a lot more accessories and parts if owners could see what there getting and how to install.

Pages: [1]