• April 26, 2024, 10:04:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dealer Thread  (Read 1874 times)

Spartacus

• View Profile
Dealer Thread
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »

All:

As a potential buyer, my biggest concern is that the dealer from whom I buy won't be as helpful and knowledgeable as I'd like should there be problems. As a former Buell guy, I have first hand experience with this problem arising when a dealer views the product as a novelty. So, I thought it might be helpful for other potential buyers if there was a thread in which people list their dealer and speak to whether that dealer has been helpful and knowledgeable or not.  I live in Winston-Salem, NC, so I am particularly interested in experiences with Frontline Eurosports in Salem, VA; Motorcycles of Charlotte in Charlotte, NC; or Team Power Sports in Raleigh, NC.

ultrarnr

• View Profile
Re: Dealer Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:09 PM »

I use Team Powersports in Raleigh. Good people. As a Zero dealer they aren't going away. My 2016 SR should be in this week so if you would like a 2014 SR with PT give them a call.

Spartacus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:19 AM »

Is there a particular person at Team that has the Zero knowledge?

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 05:38:47 AM »

Talk to Sev in sales. He has been there a long time and probably knows more than the others. He is the one I always talk with whenever I am there. My 2014 SR gave the service department a lot of experience so no concerns there.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 08:33:14 PM »

What about Motorcycles of Charlotte?
I kind of have the same question with them... since they're the "closest" to Charleston.

KenMac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 08:54:02 PM »

I second the recommendation for Sev at Team Powersports Raleigh.  He knows what he's talking about. 
'06 BMW R1200GS, '03 Honda VTR1000 Superhawk, '03 Suzuki DL1000 (traded for SR), 2015 Zero SR

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 07:50:15 AM »

MrDude_1,

I talked with Motorcycles of Charlotte about trading my 2014 SR in on a 2016 SR. The guy came on like he was a used car salesman. Then he asked about my SR and the mileage (22K at the time). He feels that despite having a brushless motor you can still wear out the motor on a Zero SR. He also claims you can also wear out the controller. MoC has been a Zero dealer for a long time, probably one of the first on the east coast. But after my experience I wouldn't go there. And they never did get back with me on a trade-in offer and quote on a new 2016 SR.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »

MrDude_1,

I talked with Motorcycles of Charlotte about trading my 2014 SR in on a 2016 SR. The guy came on like he was a used car salesman. Then he asked about my SR and the mileage (22K at the time). He feels that despite having a brushless motor you can still wear out the motor on a Zero SR. He also claims you can also wear out the controller. MoC has been a Zero dealer for a long time, probably one of the first on the east coast. But after my experience I wouldn't go there. And they never did get back with me on a trade-in offer and quote on a new 2016 SR.

Well that's disappointing to hear. Is their service center any better?

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »

Have never taken my Zero there so can't comment on their service department. Just really disappointed with their sales. When he asked me what I thought mine was worth I quoted him the KBB price and his attitude changed completely. I personally don't think mileage is as much of an issue on an electric motorcycle as it is on an ICE bike. But he sure tried to convince that all that electricity flowing through components wears them out.

acacia1731

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »

When ordering parts - do you all pick them up at the dealer, or has anyone had luck with your dealer arranging a "drop shipment" direct from Zero to your home?

Zero says "drop shipping" should be possible, but my local dealer (50 miles away) seems to think they need to be a middle man for the shipping process (with an extra fee).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:15:44 PM by acacia1731 »
2015 Zero FX (off-road setup), 2013 KTM 250SX, Kuberg Cross Hero, STACYC 16EDrive

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:19 PM »

When ordering parts - do you all pick them up at the dealer, or has anyone had luck with your dealer arranging a "drop shipment" direct from Zero to your home?

Zero says "drop shipping" should be possible, but my local dealer (50 miles away) seems to think they need to be a middle man for the shipping process (with an extra fee).

Even with a drop ship they want you to order through the dealer....

Im a fan of direct to customer but zero wont ever do that again
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:18:49 PM »

I never thought about it before, but if drop shipping it is an option, in theory I could call every zero dealer until one gave me a "better than MSRP" deal...
The paperwork is super simple in my state. I already do it for my other vehicle purchases.

Spartacus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 10:47:14 PM »

I appreciate the feedback. I might have to take another trip to Raleigh.  My one and only experience there was strange. I was in the area and stopped in to see what they had.  On their floor, they had a used 2012 FX (I think, might have been a 2013) and a new/demo 2015 FX.  I asked about pricing and was given virtually the same price for both.  When I asked why the 2012 wasn't cheaper, I was first told that it wasn't a 2012 but was instead a new 2015, just the same as the (obviously different) one right next to it.  I pushed back a little on that, and was then told the pricing "is what it is" and they can't do anything better.  So I went home.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 11:03:05 PM »

I never thought about it before, but if drop shipping it is an option, in theory I could call every zero dealer until one gave me a "better than MSRP" deal...
The paperwork is super simple in my state. I already do it for my other vehicle purchases.
For complete motorcycles it isn't. The delivery truck more or less passed my house and still I had to drive 1000+ kilometres to get it:

acacia1731

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 11:16:38 PM »

That's essentially what I did yesterday.  My nearest dealer said "no, we don't normally drop ship", and my reply was "are you sure you don't want to look into it, because my next move is to befriend another dealer who will."  So, they are currently looking into it...
2015 Zero FX (off-road setup), 2013 KTM 250SX, Kuberg Cross Hero, STACYC 16EDrive
Pages: [1] 2