• April 24, 2024, 01:14:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Using the Zero app.  (Read 1072 times)

BeezrGeezr

• View Profile
Using the Zero app.
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:25:16 AM »

I searched and found nothing so here goes....I have a 2016 FX 6.5 and after reading the supplied 2015 FX 5.7 manual and finding nothing, I am having a little trouble figuring out the Zero app for setting the 'custom' mode. I realize it will say 'ECO' when it is actually the custom mode. What I don't understand is how to figure what settings to enter when I cannot find anywhere the values of the factory set 'ECO' or 'Sport' modes. Just for giggles I set the 'custom' to 100% torque but I think that made the bike almost un rideable with knobbies in the dirt. It does great burnouts on the smooth concrete shop floor, though!
Where can I find the factory settings? How has this been figured out by others?
Any help is much appreciated. 

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Using the Zero app.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »

You should be able to factory reset the settings in the app.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »

I'm about to set mine up. I'm going to max everything, which is what a lot of folks seem to do. Just use eco mode when it's wet. Custom for dry.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 09:27:37 PM »

I continue to like 0 regen in "eco" mode.  The bike has a certain amount of drag when the throttle is closed, but not too much and that makes for a nicer on-off throttle response when riding.  Plus, I am convinced that eliminating the regen gives a greater range under most riding conditions as you do not have to turn the throttle back on and off to keep up a steady speed when riding down a gentle hill.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BeezrGeezr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 03:30:40 AM »

"I continue to like 0 regen in "eco" mode." How do you do that? The app only lets me adjust the "custom" mode although it says "eco". I would really like to know how to adjust the "eco" and "sport" modes also.

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 03:40:12 AM »

"I continue to like 0 regen in "eco" mode." How do you do that? The app only lets me adjust the "custom" mode although it says "eco". I would really like to know how to adjust the "eco" and "sport" modes also.
The other modes can be customised using Sevcon DVT software and an IXXAT USB CAN adaptor. However making such changes is not supported by Zero so probably best left until your warranty expires.

Also - while the app "Drive Mode" says "Eco top speed", "Eco max torque" etc it actually makes changes to the Custom mode on the bike (or that's how it works on my 2014 SR).
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 04:14:21 AM »

In the Zero app: eco = custom.  The real eco program can not be changed by the owner.  I think we all agree that the Zero app could use a little updating.   ::)  It was accurate for 2013, but the terminology in the app became a bit out of date with the introduction of the 2014 models.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BeezrGeezr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 04:52:17 AM »

Thank you to all who responded. It is starting to make sense now.

I just went for a trail ride and tried all the modes. It feels to me that the "custom" mode at 100% is the most like what I have been riding for the last fifty years. It's going to be a learning curve, for sure, as for all that time I fed power to the wheel via the clutch. I tend to get into a little trouble in the 'trials' sections. I'll get it. If I can get it to quit trenching in my soft, wet ground I think it will go like hell!

Thanks again. Phil.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »

In the Zero app: eco = custom.  The real eco program can not be changed by the owner.  I think we all agree that the Zero app could use a little updating.   ::)  It was accurate for 2013, but the terminology in the app became a bit out of date with the introduction of the 2014 models.
I'm going to hook in on this comment because this is the most recent one about the app.

What I really want to see is a possibility tot stop charging on the app. Now when you want to depart mid-charge you have to pull a plug with more than 1kW load on it.
Pages: [1]