• March 28, 2024, 07:42:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kuberg FreeRider and Cross  (Read 1864 times)

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Kuberg FreeRider and Cross
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:14:48 PM »

I read an article in Gizmag on these electric bikes.  I had never heard of them before but after doing a little research it looks like the bikes have been around since early 2014!  The FreeRider is really more Stealth Hurricane than Zero FX but for a much lower price than either of those two.  It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Checking out their website I find out that they have quality kids dirt bikes too!  Now that I know that, I did a search and find a post on this site with links to purchase a Kuberg Cross on Amazon.  The FreeRider isn't available on Amazon though  :(

http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=2618.msg11231#msg11231

The thing is I have been searching ALL over Amazon (and the rest of the web) for a quality electric dirtbike for kids and I never found this...I don't get it.  Now that I know about them and do the same search I see that they don't show up until page 4 on Amazon....OK so maybe "ALL over" isn't quite right but I tried a lot of different word searches, I guess I just didn't look far enough into the results.  But after looking through a couple of pages and its nothing but Razor's and Mototec's I guess I just somehow glossed over this bike.  The thing that is really nice about the Kuberg Cross over a Razor or Mototec is that they have a much better suspension and the motor is mounted to the frame instead of the swing arm.  On the Razor's the motor mounted to the swing arm and the weight hurts the suspension.  The Razor's are built pretty well but it looks like the Kuberg Cross is just overall higher quality components.  The Kuberg Cross (62lbs) is also 36lbs lighter than a Razor MX500/MX650 (98lbs) but uses a 750 watt motor vs. 500 watt or 650 watt for the Razor's.

I was actually looking for a kid's dirt bike using Lithium batteries but never found one of those either.  The Kuberg Cross uses SLA just like the Razor's and Mototec's.  I was looking for someone that has upgraded a Razor to Lithium and couldn't find anyone who has done that either (not properly anyway...only guys that had cobbled together some RC packs).  Based on my inability to find the Kuberg, now I am wondering if there are videos or forum posts that I missed.  Regardless, I did an upgrade of a Razor MX500 to a 20Ah Lithium battery pack and plan to post soon about the project (including performance improvements) in case there is anyone else out there looking to do the same thing.  It looks like the Kuberg Cross is using the same type of 12V 12Ah SLA batteries (3 of them in series) so you could probably do a similar upgrade to one of their bikes....which would reduce the weight by 16lbs and add power and range!

Anyway, back to the FreeRider...looks pretty sweet and at only $4K.

http://www.gizmag.com/kuberg-freerider-electric-motorcycle/41020/

! No longer available

! No longer available

! No longer available

http://freerider.kuberg.com/#kuberg-promo

Kuberg Cross video.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:31:14 PM by mrwilsn »
2014 Zero S

Jdub1970

• View Profile
Re: Kuberg FreeRider and Cross
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »

Hi

Did you ever convert a Kuberg cross to lithium batteries?
Pages: [1]