• April 25, 2024, 01:07:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2016 DSR - no dash display  (Read 907 times)

opiyum

• View Profile
2016 DSR - no dash display
« on: December 21, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »

I can ride it, but I don't have any indicator for battery level or my current speed etc.. I'll take it in on Tuesday as my shop is closed on Sun/Mon.

Anyone seen this on your bike? Did they have to replace the dash display?

mrwilsn

• 2014 Zero S / 2017 Zero SR
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 DSR - no dash display
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:36:12 PM »

I had this problem on my 2014 S but it was because I tried out an HID headlight.  When I would initially turn on the bike the HID would draw a LOT of power and the display would go blank just like in your pic.  After about 30 seconds the HID would be warmed up and I could turn the bike off and then back on and the display would work fine.  This is because the HID doesn't draw as much power turning on after it has already been warmed up.  Even though I really liked the color and brightness of the HID, I switched it out for an LED and everything has worked fine since then.

Assuming you haven't done any mods to your 2016....it could be a bad display or just a loose wire.  It could also be a bad DC to DC converter.  The dealer shouldn't have any issues troubleshooting and in my experience Zero is really good about dealing with warranty issues. Unfortunately, it may take some time to order parts but they will get it fixed for you.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2014 Zero S

Ser15

• View Profile
Re: 2016 DSR - no dash display
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »

I had the same problem in my sr2014 and finally I replaced my board with a new one by warranty. The board is only monitor the motorcycle works perfect even without it.
Waiting for the parts I drove several days with blank board
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:26:23 PM by Ser15 »
Pages: [1]