• April 25, 2024, 06:56:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Load sqeak when i sit down...  (Read 1190 times)

yhafting

• View Profile
Load sqeak when i sit down...
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:08:56 AM »

Hello
Having recently bought a 2015 SR, and patiently waiting to the spring for driving lessons, i have exercised using the bike at slow speeds in the nearby parking lot. At the present since we have had days of ice and snow, there are a lot of gravel/shingle used to prevent people from sliding. At low speed, these small rocks seems to land in the area around the engine and the rear suspension. I have already cleared out a lot from underneath the rubber bumper and the engine heat sink.

Now what bugs me is that there is a fairly loud sqeak when i sit down on the bike, or the suspension travels a certain distance (if I go past a bump / rise up and then sit down again - but not if i do it very gently). I am pondering whether this could be due to a small rock stuck somewhere, but my first search and cleanup revealed nothing.

Does any of you have an idea how this sound could occur/ where to search/what to do?

My thought is that it has to be somewhere around the suspension or the swing arm is attached to the bike, but i havent been able to find the cause just by looking at it/ clearing out gravel. 

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: Load sqeak when i sit down...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »

Try spraying the rear shock springs with silicon lubricant and see if that helps.  Don't get any on your tire or belt.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 03:51:29 PM »

Try spraying the rear shock springs with silicon lubricant and see if that helps.  Don't get any on your tire or belt.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.  :)
I had another brief look at it today, and after pushing the seat up/down a few times, the creaking was reduced a fair bit. It does seem likely that the upper or lower part of the spring might be the cause.

Lipo423

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 01:38:59 AM »

Had the same problem with mine…
Lube upper and lower shock articulations (do not know the name in English), where the shock is screwed to the chassis and rear arm
Use a kind of light grease or a sticky lube otherwise it will come back…(the access is not easy)
Bikes: Kawa GPX 600, Suzuki GSX 750-R, Yamaha FZR 1000, Suzuki Lido 75, Peugeot SV 125, Suzuki Burgman 400, Suzuki Burgman 650, KTM EXC 250, 2012 Zero ZF9 - All of them sold -
2014 Zero SR 11.4, BMW C1 125, BMW R 850R

yhafting

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 11:44:13 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I will try that.  :)
I had another brief look at it today, and after pushing the seat up/down a few times, the creaking was reduced a fair bit. It does seem likely that the upper or lower part of the spring might be the cause.

It took some time to test, but the silicon spray seem to have helped, no creaky sounds today :-)
Pages: [1]