• April 27, 2024, 07:54:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New to forum; adopted a 2016 DSR yesterday!  (Read 1081 times)

opiyum

• View Profile
New to forum; adopted a 2016 DSR yesterday!
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:46:42 AM »

I've been on the fence for three years; traded up my Piaggio MP3 yesterday for a 2016 DSR.

I'm adding a top box and some heated grips, because I need to store my helmet and I ride year round in Seattle. Any other accessory or enhancement suggestions I might want to look into soon, for a daily rider?

Super excited to join the club.

nigezero

• View Profile
Re: New to forum; adopted a 2016 DSR yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 04:21:04 AM »

Lucky sod! I have a 2014 and love it to bits I'm sure you will be delighted.

A small screen will gain you around 5% if you do highish speeds. A Vetter will gain you 50%.

A high quality waterproof 12V/USB charging socket is pretty handy, mine is mounted inside the storage bin along side my heated grip controller.

Fast charger/s is the next logical step too but only really necessary if you do long distances.

Im also a fan of the GearBrake which flashes your brake light under regen only http://gearbrake.com/. Handy if you use regen a lot good safety feature in gloomy Seattle?

GambitDash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 04:55:48 AM »

I've been on the fence for three years; traded up my Piaggio MP3 yesterday for a 2016 DSR.

I'm adding a top box and some heated grips, because I need to store my helmet and I ride year round in Seattle. Any other accessory or enhancement suggestions I might want to look into soon, for a daily rider?

Super excited to join the club.

Howdy fellow Seattle-ite! Get your bike from Triumph?

I think the heated grips are the only thing I want. I have the bigger of the two windshield. What's your usage pattern look like?

The new fast chargers are, for  $3k or so,  simply killer if you want to do any longer rides. I have a pretty short commute at the moment, but keep thinking about it just to eliminate the question, you know?

Would be delighted to do a ride sometime with someone else who isn't generating fumes to suck :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

David S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:29:41 AM »

An Mp3 was actually the first bike i had. Thats a pretty big upgrade to a DSR :)

opiyum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 10:39:33 PM »

Howdy fellow Seattle-ite! Get your bike from Triumph?

I think the heated grips are the only thing I want. I have the bigger of the two windshield. What's your usage pattern look like?

The new fast chargers are, for  $3k or so,  simply killer if you want to do any longer rides. I have a pretty short commute at the moment, but keep thinking about it just to eliminate the question, you know?

Would be delighted to do a ride sometime with someone else who isn't generating fumes to suck :)

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Yep, their first DSR sale.

I don't have any range anxiet yet; I live 15 miles north of downtown so my commute is just 30 miles a day. My only concerns are multi-day power outages and longer than normal wave of cold weather. I read in the manual it won't charge below freezing and mine will live in my carport (no attached garage). Neither is a large concern in Seattle, but both situations do happen now and then. Shouldn't be any issue if I manage to find a power outlet in my parking garage downtown!

Yes, a pure Zero ride might be fun in the spring.

opiyum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »

Im also a fan of the GearBrake which flashes your brake light under regen only http://gearbrake.com/. Handy if you use regen a lot good safety feature in gloomy Seattle?
Thank you!

I've seen bikes with these and was jealous - thinking it was standard on their bike. Now I know. Ordered!

opiyum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »

An Mp3 was actually the first bike i had. Thats a pretty big upgrade to a DSR :)
Sure is. My bikes have been getting smaller for years. Well, not entirely true.

I had a P200e before my MP3. Learned to ride on a Honda 125 that I had to assemble from parts. My first street vehicle was a Yamaha 650 Seca -> 750 Honda -> P200e in college and a few years ago I started riding again and got my MP3 250. It was a great commuter that made me feel like a celebrity with all the interest, questions, comments from passers by about the 3 wheels.

I'm sure the Zero will have a few people scratching their heads with the silence but that might not be as immediately noticeable as having 3 wheels.
Pages: [1]