• March 29, 2024, 12:30:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: News on the UK subsidy  (Read 5574 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
News on the UK subsidy
« on: December 05, 2015, 01:51:00 AM »

Jason at Streetbike told me they got some news in this morning. Unfortunately I was on my mobile walking through the city and I didn't catch much of what he told me. I got the gist that something is going to happen soon though. I think it might have the effect of eliminating the VAT (sales tax). Or in that ballpark. 20% off retail will make a difference!

I've not doubt more news will filter through soon so I thought I'd start a topic going. I am surprised to say the least. I thought it would be months before we heard any more.

We need more info, especially since Streetbike have got orders for ten bikes since the dealership agreement was announced a few short weeks ago. It may delay those orders being fulfilled as no doubt everyone will want the subsidy applied.

Watch this space and if anyone gets news before me, please share.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
Re: News on the UK subsidy
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 01:56:13 AM »

I was chatting with Charlie the other day, I guessed something would be announced to time with the Paris Talks.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 02:57:51 AM »

I did wonder if those talks might have something to do with it. Perhaps it's all down to that letter to my local MP! [emoji6]

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 11:18:55 PM »

I spoke to Jason again a short while ago. They've got a couple of good sources they're speaking to. Full details should come through within the next week or two. The subsidy will come into effect in January but won't be retrospective. We'll have to wait for our bikes for a few more weeks but they will be cheaper. Likely to be the maximum of £1500 off the DSP bikes and above.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 11:22:29 PM »

Fair enough. Gives me a little bit longer to build up my deposit.
Thanks, I have ample time to chat with Charlie about it tomorrow I suspect.
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Testpilot1

• Testpilot1 / Charlie Boorman '' Long Way Down ''
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 05:00:41 AM »

Keep the info coming guys if you hear any more..........I've ordered one of the Police Spec DS's and  I'm hoping we'll get the subsidy,be worth the wait :-)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 09:44:59 AM »

I finally got a response from OLEV:

Dear Tom

Thanks for your email and phone call chasing progress on this issue, I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. The answer is that the Government remains committed to supporting the UK's zero emission motorcycle industry. We have been working with stakeholders on the details of a scheme and will make a further announcement in due course once we have Ministerial clearance to do so.

I appreciate how frustrating the delay must be, but I hope this clarifies the situation.

Yours sincerely,

John

Mr John ******  | Policy Advisor, Program Office, Office for Low Emission Vehicles
1/29- 33 GMH

It's the same story we've been getting since before Christmas. How utterly hopeless and incompetent is it possible to be? So much for trying to run the country like a business...

I've replied to John, have thanked him for his response (3 months late after numerous attempts at making contact - but I didn't say that), and have asked him if there's anything he can do to expedite the process. I did point out that there was talk of a subsidy back in 2012.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with the government in my day job...

As regular readers will know, I decided to give up waiting for the subsidy. I still want them to implement the damn thing though! Who knows how long they're going to string this out for? There has been no shortage of bad information so far, even with the best intentions! One budget has passed, nothing announced in time for today's new vehicle registrations and so the next budget is dangled like a carrot. Let's expect nothing, unless there's some hard evidence. That way people can just stop getting their hopes up and get on with their lives, with or without an electric bike!

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »

Hi Gareth

Registration assigned.

Yes still all a bit up in the air with the specifics on the subsidy.

It’ll be a waiting game for the budget again I suspect.

Regards

Charlie Kehoe

Hey Charlie,

BV16UDS please

Great to hear from you,have you heard anything concrete ?,I've tried to get to the bottom of it, but it's all been a bit vague.

Kind Regards,

Gareth.

Sent from
Hi Gareth

This is what I got off Streetbike last week,thought something was happening.......

The long wait for the Zero motorcycle subsidy is nearly over only about a month to go.

As we will be entering a new registration period before this happens we need to pick a different registration number.

I have put the available registrations below, if you find one you like and email me back so I can assign it to your bike.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 05:47:24 PM »

To be honest, I think they're being proactive and getting the new registrations set up  in the hope that there will be something concrete announced in the new budget. I really, really, hope they do for everyone's sake! Only two weeks to go to find out at least.

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 07:35:25 PM »

Lets try this......................could I ask you all to ask the Minister in charge personally here http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2016-02-08.26202.h&s=electric+motorcycle when the grant is coming in ?

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 08:02:29 PM »

Mines Done. :-)
Electric Motorcycle Plug in grant
gareth wilkinson made this Freedom of Information request to Department for Transport

Currently waiting for a response from Department for Transport, they must respond promptly and normally no later than 4 April 2016 (details).

2 March 2016

Dear Department for Transport,

Could you please give me a known date of when we will see the plug
in grant for electric motorcycles implemented,as I believe this is
long overdue.

Yours faithfully,

Gareth Wilkinson.

Testpilot1

• View Profile

Testpilot1

• View Profile

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »

We're over a week beyond the last budget and there are still no announcements from OLEV. I've just sent them the email below.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've contacted your office a number of times over the last few months. Every time I get the same story about how the subsidy is under consideration. How long can this stalling continue? We've just had yet another budget announcement for which we have all been told there will be news.

Please let me know what the current status is and when we can expect some concrete news for a plug-in motorcycle grant.

Yours faithfully,

MostlyBonkers

Testpilot1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 03:17:19 AM »

Thanks for trying again 'Mostly' ,I'm still waiting for a response to my 'Freedom of Information request', I think they have until the 6th April,but I'll be astounded if we hear anything new, they'll just serve up the same crap.
Streetbike seem to be happy to wait till April, but after that I think my luck will run out,and I'll have no option but to chuck in the towel on the deal.
Its so frustrating, I don't understand what we're waiting for now,they've had plenty of time to figure out the rollout !
So keep your eyes out for me posting there's another DSP become available cheap :-(
this forum wil be the first to know.
Remind me not to vote next time,no wonder politics is in such a state !
Sorry peeps,rant over,how you getting on with your DSP 'Mostly'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5