• April 23, 2024, 03:49:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electric Race Bike for EVolocity competition  (Read 1049 times)

hewittwill

• View Profile
Electric Race Bike for EVolocity competition
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »

Hi all,

I've been part of a team designing and building an electric bike to enter in the EVolocity competition in New Zealand, which is basically an electric motorsport event. We are part of the highschool category using a standard motor and batteries to design and build the best electric bike for four races, a 110m drag race, a 10km economy run, a "street circuit" slalom and a rolling resistance test. We would love you guys to give us some input for the final stages of our build, any tweaks, changes etc that you could recommend would be awesome!

Here's a photo of the bike in action:

You can check out some more photos / videos on our facebook page: facebook.com/teamxpeed and if you could give us a like while you're there that would be awesome!

Let us know what you think of it,
Cheers,
Will

NoiseBoy

• View Profile
Re: Electric Race Bike for EVolocity competition
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:31:03 PM »

Have you thought about adding some form of fairing? Even a small screen would make a big difference on the economy run. Getting some well fitting race leathers for the rider will be worth a few percent.

My friend had a 50cc motorbike and wearing leathers added 4mph to his top speed (it was still only around 50mph but that is a large percentage increase.

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Re: Electric Race Bike for EVolocity competition
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 12:14:49 AM »

I like the super prone position that was seen only briefly in the video - Kneeling on running boards with the belly plank.
So not really a technical peer evaluation video... because you have to hide stuff from competitors.
More down bend in the handbars if it doesn't compromise the slaloms.
Pages: [1]