• April 25, 2024, 10:21:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: fx parts layout  (Read 2389 times)

dvdwin

• View Profile
fx parts layout
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:17:22 PM »

a couple months ago i stumbled upon a catalog online of all the parts broke down on the bike in pdf form,  i can't seem to find that catalog anymore.  has anyone seen one?  it is from the zero company and shows every nut and bolt you can get the part number from that and order it, instead of trying to talk to the tech over the phone and try describing a part number.  i contacted zero about this catalog and the tech said he didn't have a pdf breakdown available.  you would think that it would be much easier for them to be looking at a schematic of the bike while talking to customers for ordering parts.

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
Re: fx parts layout
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:03:06 AM »

Well, if you do come across that parts list again there's plenty of folks that would love to have it - i know I would.  As far as I know Zero doesn't make any parts lists public, period.  It's really too bad and IMO bad business, as the Zero parts-ordering process leaves a lot to be desired and anything they could do to help it along would surely result in increased orders / revenues pretty quickly.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

dvdwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:13:59 PM »

has anyone yet found any part schematic for zero motorcycles?

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:19:03 PM »

has anyone yet found any part schematic for zero motorcycles?

Nope. No parts list. No service manual.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 03:23:39 AM »

http://zeroserviceportal.com/index.php

MrDude_1 posted this dealer parts portal , would be great if Zero allowed forum members to login.
Think this needs to be asked for at next Q&A Zero has on there video tutorials.

Owners should be able to see parts diagram and part numbers at least. that go along way to seeing how things go together and work.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:11:44 AM by firepower »

chdfarl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »

Sign that petition to have that legislation in your state unless you live in Massachusetts or Oregon then simply talk to the trade commission.  :o
http://righttorepair.org/main/default.aspx

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 06:03:30 PM »

Can't join email list as not in USA. Good luck with getting right to repair passed.

chdfarl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »

I live in Massachusetts so I'm not concerned.  But if consumers in the US have access to the information then they could post it for you. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:23:43 PM by chdfarl »

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 09:01:38 PM »

I live in Massachusetts so I'm not concerned.  But if consumers in the US have access to the information then they could post it for you.
so can you get all the info for the zero models, and share it?

chdfarl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 09:39:07 PM »

Not unless you have a 2012  xu since that is the bike that I have and I'm not trying to single handedly piss off Zero.  I do feel it is your right to have access to what that legislation outlines.  So that is why I posted that website, for the community to get behind the legislation throughout the country or the world for that matter, that way the issue wouldn't be an issue.  One guy in one state is not the way to go.  That being said the guys that have been kind enough to reply to my queries would be welcome to my personal efforts.  They know who they are.
Sorry but it would be a bit suspicious for one guy to inquire for information on the whole line of motorcycle.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:22 PM »

Not unless you have a 2012  xu since that is the bike that I have and I'm not trying to single handedly piss off Zero.  I do feel it is your right to have access to what that legislation outlines.  So that is why I posted that website, for the community to get behind the legislation throughout the country or the world for that matter, that way the issue wouldn't be an issue.  One guy in one state is not the way to go.  That being said the guys that have been kind enough to reply to my queries would be welcome to my personal efforts.  They know who they are.
Sorry but it would be a bit suspicious for one guy to inquire for information on the whole line of motorcycle.

lol, yeah that would seem suspicious.
I often cross-lookup bikes of the same brand/year to see if parts transfer over... for example, if someone had a DR throttle and I wanted to know if it would work with an FX... if the part numbers matched, then boom. I know it would work.
little things like knowing if the FXS wheel spacers match the S wheel spacers would help people doing part swaps.. etc.

While everyone online has been helpful, I hate asking for every little idea I have.... and its not like I am asking for something that is not offered by every other bike manufacturer. I know how to do internet parts lookups for Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia, Buell and KTM. I just want the same for Zero.  simple microfiche style lookup is fine...

rayivers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 01:27:05 AM »

One guy in one state...

That's all it would take, too - he/she wouldn't even need a state :), just Zero database access and rudimentary computer skills.  IMO it's only a matter of time before this happens - and once the genie's out of the bottle, Zero may finally have to at least consider implementing the Big Four's (and others') long-time & very successful manual policies; include an up-to-date factory service / parts manual with every bike at reduced cost to the buyer - guaranteeing one manual 'sale' per bike, rolled into the MSRP - or make manuals available separately, at full price.  I would not expect proprietary information to be included.

FWIW, every one of the 3 dirt bikes I've bought new came with a complete service manual, with parts manuals available separately or online.  I find it gratifying that Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha actually thought I could use them.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 05:18:53 AM »

They don't really have one, I've seen schematic blow ups a long time ago, and but that's over the shoulder at the factory. That was mostly with the older bikes when I would go in to get parts, and they would pull up that were not in the service portal. Well that was back in 2013 maybe earlier, or who knows I've been around.

I think you would be better off posting a picture of what you need and some knowledgeable people might guide you in the right direction.

They don't give out much information, besides like some have posted the belt replacement service procedures

dvdwin  Got the laptop out so I can give you options on your wheels FXS vs FX

Edit:

I think everyone who wanted to order parts posted a picture of what they wanted, they might be able to get some zero people or people who have bought the stuff hint hint... to post what they do have, like has been posted on here about the service portal, and or some people know what some part numbers are... or have some drawings here and there from projects they had,
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:21:28 AM by Cortezdtv »
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's

rayivers

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 05:24:11 PM »

I think everyone who wanted to order parts posted a picture of what they wanted, they might be able to get some zero people or people who have bought the stuff hint hint... to post what they do have, like has been posted on here about the service portal, and or some people know what some part numbers are... or have some drawings here and there from projects they had

These are great ideas...  I've got about 5 pages of part numbers & notes for the '14 FX and '13 MX bikes, and after I pick up my latest parts order tomorrow I'll update it and post it online.  It should be pretty helpful for anyone looking to make their '13-'14 FX a better dirt bike, and maybe for other years and models too.

Ray

chdfarl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

I put up a thread quite a while back but there were no replies http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=4142.0
The right to repair act isn't instant and you'd have to spend the five minutes to sign up a since that would be a one minute task then you'd have four left over to post it on Facebook or however else you communicate with others. If all you guys out in California did that it could be on your next ballot rather than a discussion on a forum. Snowden is out of the country and not concerned with anything other than not being thrown in Guantanamo so don't expect one lone ranger to ride in so you don't have to....
Pages: [1] 2