• April 25, 2024, 02:54:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Have any of the Egos sold yet?  (Read 3482 times)

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
Re: Have any of the Egos sold yet?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 05:30:40 AM »

Thanks for sharing. We are all interested in how the ego performed and how far it goes on a charge since we don't see that many people with Energica over here in the states. Ride safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 08:27:07 AM »

MMMMMmmm  Ego under glass.  Really nice bike man, don't worry spring is just around the corner.
We would all love to hear your thoughts on it when you get a chance.

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 03:40:02 PM »

Please tell me that you're planning to do a few laps at the ring this spring/summer?

If you mean the Nürburgring then this is too far away (over 320 km one way) as you should not forget that in most countries in europe you dont have the space for another car. As i only have the Model S i cannot transport the bike there. It is very uncommon to have more than one car and because the drivers license is extremely expensive in germany there are many people that dont own a car anymore or have a motorcycle as the motorcycle drivers license is even more expensive (for the price of a motorcycle license a person could buy up to four used motorcycles here in the worst case).

But i ordered a GoPro Hero 4 Session actioncam and plan to take some video footage  ;)

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 06:56:32 PM »

A Quick shot of the side carbon fiber part ;)

and the full size picture Here

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 10:24:15 PM »

Just one of the nice touches you would expect from a premium bike such as this.
On a side note I'm somewhat shocked to hear of the restrictions and cost of vehicle ownership in Germany.  Driving a wedge between the classes.  I can see you are well off and you should enjoy your success as you see fit (I would do the same :) ) but others shouldn't be forced onto limited and inconvenient government transportation.  There are few things that embody freedom more than your own vehicle. 

benswing

• 2016 Zero SR Cross Country Biker, www.Benswing.com
    • View Profile
    • Follow my electric motorcycle adventures on Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 12:43:33 AM »

...but others shouldn't be forced onto limited and inconvenient government transportation.  There are few things that embody freedom more than your own vehicle.

Isn't German public transportation legendary for being on time?  And is it government sponsored or privately owned or a combination. 

Frankly I would prefer if the US had far fewer roads and more public transportation, but these ideas are for another thread.

I'd like to hear more about Energica's bikes on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First to 48 states all electric!
 - Long Range Electric Biker - https://www.facebook.com/BenRidesElectric/
 - Video/photo/articles about 4 corners tour: http://www.benswing.com
 - Crossed the USA in 2013 on a 2012 Zero S with the Ride the Future Tour, see the movie at https://vimeo.com/169002549

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2016, 08:16:42 PM »

Venom have you thawed out yet? :) 
I'd love to see a video of the bike in action if your willing.

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2016, 11:54:43 PM »

Unfortunately i was in the process of rebuilding my garden to make room for a carport that i plan to build next year and for my motorcycle garage.

And the worst thing it was still pretty nasty weather here and it has snowed some days ago over here and there was salt everywhere so i was unable to ride the bike. but i hope that next week will be better -> i really hate to live here if that continues this year pretty annoying.

But i will post asap when i have the chance to ride and after i prepare my bike for the go pro mounts.

it is raining at the moment as it was the last 3 days -.-

So dont worry i am still around  ;)

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 01:26:37 AM »

So i had time and it was the first day with acceptable weather (2 C in the morning and 16 C in the evening) and made my first clip with the real life sound of my Ego

there is a lot to improve i also have to try out different other positions and/or mounts.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 08:14:26 PM »

Thanks for the video man.  Looks like great acceleration even on some tight roads.  I was wondering what the sound I was hearing was and then I remembered it has a chain.  So of course the big question is how do you like it?

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:15 PM »

Followed by the second question, what's the range in real world riding?

And the third question, have you had a chance to quick charge the bike?
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 12:17:13 AM »

Hi Guys,

thanks for the questions i always try to help to help spreading the disease  ;)

I really love the sound of the Ego if your on the Bike it sounds like a jet as you could hear it scream -> great
Much better then the Zero SR in that part as i test drove the 2015 model over 8 hours on two different timeframes and it felt too toylike in comparison also the handling is very different.

it takes between 17-20% charge to drive 35 km from my home to my workplace and driving at the speed limit not above it ;-) so i guess i could drive about 175 km with one charge with the same driving habit (i have regen braking at max and drive in normal not eco mode and between 50 and 120 km/h.) much better range than i thought.

i already quickcharged twice as we can quickcharge for free at some Aldi super markets here. i got about 20% in about 5 Minutes when i was at about 50% charge and the other time i was at about 2-5% and charged up until 99% and waited for some cell balancing that took like 34 minutes but the cell balancing is kind of optional and it took minimum 5-10 minutes (waited for 34 minutes then as the Aldi charger shows the time as you can load only for 1 hour for free there).

If you have any more questions feel free to ask as i am a pretty open minded guy :-)

oh and it seems it will take some more time til i can record more video material as it will have snow and ice next week and it will rain starting tomorrow -> hate the weather in germany.....

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2016, 08:16:40 PM »

Alright Venom we've past the merry merry month of May so how is that carbon fiber skinned monster behaving?
Hope all is well, weather is agreeable, and riding time is plentiful.
Cheers.

Venomtoxic

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 11:52:36 PM »

Hope all is well, weather is agreeable, and riding time is plentiful.
The weather here in germany was major bs -> had about 6-8 days to ride. we just had some hailstorms in the last 3 days and it is showering that much that some people have already drowned in the last days.

i hope that will change soon as i planned to ride as much as i can but the weather doesnt look like it's gettin any better but i still hope it will improve.

i think i already stated that i hate the weather over here havent i?

Pages: 1 [2]