• April 24, 2024, 11:59:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: DS Front fender bouncy  (Read 762 times)

manitou

• View Profile
DS Front fender bouncy
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:02:42 AM »

I did a search for this, but only saw people wanted to change the fender to something else and 1 wheel out of true. Maybe that's my issue, but it's a new bike (40miles).  Do people reinforce the fender or is the spoke wheel really out of true from the factory?

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: DS Front fender bouncy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 08:55:35 AM »

Mine bounced  when I got it used I adjusted the forks a little and I don't notice it although it may flop a bit but no real problem. Also your brakes will squeal some. I picked up a windscreen and liked it depending on your wind tolerance may be worth picking up. That's about all I can think of now oh and those Kenda tires can get slick in the rain go easy until you get used to them. Oh and was it the bike from MI on ebay?

manitou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »

Adjusted up in number or down?  Do you know what your setting is now?  How much do you weigh?
You're correct about where I got it.  We negotiated a deal through the cycle trader ad though (hence they canceled the eBay auction).

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »

my bike had the forks at different settings left and right which was not right. I'm 160 and the flat head goes from the S on the top left to four dots from F on the bottom right.  Here is a copy of the Zero manual for 2013 I don't know if you got one or not.

http://media.zeromotorcycles.com/resources/owners-manuals/2013/2013-Zero-Owners-Manual-S-DS.pdf

Glad it worked out for you. I've helped sell two bikes now.  I may be employee of the month :)
Pages: [1]