• April 25, 2024, 05:11:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2015 Zero SR vs 2016 Victory Empulse TT Rider Magazine  (Read 1575 times)

ultrarnr

• View Profile
2015 Zero SR vs 2016 Victory Empulse TT Rider Magazine
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:21:24 PM »

The December issue of Rider magazine has a good comparison between the Zero SR and the Victory Empulse. Overall Rider magazine declared the Zero SR the winner as it's lighter, more HP, more torque, more comfortable, smoother power delivery, more range and comes standard with ABS. They were definitely not impressed with the Empulses transmission and Rider isn't the first to comment on that. I think it will be interesting to see if Victory keeps the transmission on the 2017 Empulse. Perhaps more telling will be if the Victory Charger whenever that comes out as to whether or not that has a transmission. Time will tell.

Richard230

• View Profile
Re: 2015 Zero SR vs 2016 Victory Empulse TT Rider Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 04:45:38 AM »

I just read the article in Rider magazine.  I was kind of disappointed that the magazine didn't provide any measured acceleration or top speed figures other than what the manufacturers claim. However, they did provide actual battery ranges of for the Victory: 60 miles in mixed riding, with a high of 81 miles and a low of 50 miles. Their range distances for the Zero were 77 miles in mixed riding, with a high of 121 miles and a low of 60 miles.  They also provided the two bikes' weights:  472 pounds for the Victory and 456 pounds for the Zero with power tank.  All other hard facts provided appear to be from the manufacturers' specification claims. I also found the charging option and pricing information a little confusing.

It would have been nice if they had mentioned the various equipment accessory options offered by Victory and Zero and provided their costs. Also, they complained about the SR motor overheating.  Too bad that they were not able to test the 2016 SR with its supposedly heat-proof motor. Still, it was great to see a long article regarding the two bikes in a major U.S. publication like Rider and it was interesting to see both bikes compared side-by-side. But when comparing the bikes and their prices, it sure looks like you get more for your money from the Zero SR than the Victory Empulse TT.  That was the magazine's conclusion too, but they said that they were expecting Polaris to up their electric motorcycle game in future years. Time will tell.  ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]