• April 24, 2024, 11:57:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Exciting News for the UK Zero Market  (Read 836 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Exciting News for the UK Zero Market
« on: October 28, 2015, 09:41:14 PM »

This from Jason at Streetbike:

Hi Tom,

At long last here is some news from us here at Streetbike, it has taken a while to get everything together, just as we had the 2015 models priced and ready to send out, the 2015 models were reduced and the 2016 models were launched, I hope you can share the email (attachment) on the sites you use.

Cheers

Jason

For anyone interested, please check out Jason's document.  This link should give you access: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2murzgchp2jxtob/Zero%20Mail%20out%20Oct%202015.docx?dl=0

You'll get pricing info, availability and there's even a special deal on 2014 DS bikes!  I'm very impressed with what Jason, the Streetbike team and Zero have managed to put together here.  I hope you are too.  :)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: Exciting News for the UK Zero Market
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:50:10 PM »

By the way, if someone could confirm that the link works I'd appreciate it.  I've tested it myself, but can't be sure until someone else tries it.  Unfortunately, the document is too large to post as an attachment to this forum.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:53:40 AM »

It works, but less than optimal.

Can't they deliver the 2014 DS seperate in a box? :D

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Exciting News for the UK Zero Market
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 02:36:52 AM »

Maybe I've had a long day or I'm losing the plot Erasmo, so please humour me:

If you mean that the default reader app isn't so good with Dropbox, I did notice a download button so you can view the Word document natively if you have office on a PC or suchlike.

On the DS in a box, I'm pretty sure I've missed the punchline! Or maybe I do get it: Ship the parts to customers so we can assemble the police bikes ourselves? Horns, lights and all? Yep, that'd be fun. I reckon there's an interesting story behind how Zero have a bunch of brand new Police bikes to dispose of. No doubt they've been sat in a warehouse for a year or so. A deal that must have gone South at the last minute. Good for us though! [emoji4]

They're probably Dutch police bikes though. If I remember correctly Dutch policemen look quite camp. If I'm going to get pulled by the coppers for impersonating the fuzz, I don't want to ensure a thorough ribbing before they bundle me in the back of a van. I can just imagine the look on the judge's face when the uniforms give their evidence. An electric motorcycle that's meant to capture crooks? The whole court would be in fits of hysterics and some kind soul would be recording it all on their phone. It would go viral on YouTube before you could say Jack Robinson!  I'd be a laughing stock for ever more.  Mind you though, the publicity wouldn't hurt Zero. It might even be a very astute marketing campaign!

Great idea Erasmo! [emoji6] [emoji106]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 04:41:44 AM by MostlyBonkers »

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:48:03 PM »

Wow I just read what I wrote and understand the confusion, words are hard :o Of course I meant the delivery of the special parts in a box along with the bike.

Regarding the fact that they were Dutch bikes, that is some interesting information. Do you have something more where that came from? I can imagine that they were meant to replace the current Honda Transalps.
Pages: [1]