• March 29, 2024, 05:40:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2014DS 12v power distribution still alive without key.  (Read 953 times)

panurge

• View Profile
2014DS 12v power distribution still alive without key.
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »

Hey guys
A friend of mine has a 2014 DS. It is an ex demo of a local dealer.
It has the described problem of not turning off the 12v line, so actually the only way to get it off is to remove the fuses, or the DCDC main fuse.
Other than that the bike is fully functionally without any kind of othte issues.
Actually the owner is waiting for the bike to go to the dealer shop, but, since they are a bit slow organizing the 300miles transport, and I am a bit familiar with LEVs He asked my opinion and left the bike to my shop asking for my ideas on that issue, and I accepted mostly to have the oportunity to live learn about this amazing bike, and maybe help, and obviously even to try the bike.
The ignition works properly and the problem is still present disconnecting the ignition.
continuity seems OK.
I got a some blocks diagrams about the 12v power line and downloaded the 2013 scheme here on the forum (a damn cool work, indeed), but I concluded that the DCDC should be the responsible.
Have you guys any advice for things to check or look at?
the bluetooth app shows no error or warning messages.
I have downloaded the log but bet is not useful.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

Cheers

J.L.

Burton

• View Profile
Re: 2014DS 12v power distribution still alive without key.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »

I got a some blocks diagrams about the 12v power line and downloaded the 2013 scheme here on the forum (a damn cool work, indeed), but I concluded that the DCDC should be the responsible.

The DCDC could be the cause but it could also be the MBB itself given the "enable" relay is in the MBB via pin 21 of 34 on the diagram @ C6 ... the Orange Red stripe wire found at pin 1 on the sevcon dcdc is the enable wire. If you test that pin from the back or some other way for voltage you will find it is the packs voltage.

How did you test the ignition to confirm "it works?"

A kluge fix would be to put a switch inline with the previous mentioned orange/red wire ... but it won't be "fixed" by any means.

Can you "send logs to support" but change the email to your own and attach the BIN file here? People will be able to look at it and see if it is a version number, or something else, etc.

Also, glad you like the wire diagram ;)
All content I have created here http://bit.ly/1NX4KP9

trikester

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 11:00:47 PM »

It seems like I remember someone else reporting the same problem here a while back. Anyone else remember a previous report of 12V staying on?

Trikester

panurge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 11:52:10 PM »

wow, you guys are really fast  8)
Thanks Burton for the Diagram and the reply ;).
I am sure the ignition is Ok because I have some of the same ZADI ignitions as spares that I use for the Oxygen Cargo e-scooter fleet that I work with, and ZADI is a local (Italian) manufacturer,  so I have tested the zero ignition on an Oxygen electric cargo scooter  and one of the brand new I have on the Zero and everything is OK. Also, Having the Ignition disconnected the problem is still present.
Plus there is the question that the main contactor is not affected by the problem so the bike is not able to run without the key, in the dispaly, only the backlight is still on . when you turn the key than the contactor acts and the bike works perfectly.
I will try to check directly the pins you suggested, I should say, however, that the 2014 wiring diagram differs a bit from what the 2013 was from your scheme, Burton, but I should be able to identify the right backwires where to put the tester on.
would like to know how to look at the .bin file by myself if it is possible.....
I will post that file, even with some pics.....
Thanks Again
J.L.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 01:01:02 AM »

I will try to check directly the pins you suggested, I should say, however, that the 2014 wiring diagram differs a bit from what the 2013 was from your scheme, Burton, but I should be able to identify the right backwires where to put the tester on.

You have a copy of a 2014 wire diagram? I had to make mine from scratch ;) Took me like 2 weeks of documenting and playing with layout in visio to complete it :/

That said if anyone brought me another model / year zero bike I would gladly make more of them for the other bikes. I think I have it down to a science now so ...

would like to know how to look at the .bin file by myself if it is possible.....

There is a thread here http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=5020.msg34350#msg34350 were you can find some open source solutions being made.

Outside of that making a ODBII : USB connector and logging into the serial port via a terminal session can allow you to "save" your session. You could issue a dumpall command and view it that way as well. The bin file I don't think contains as much info as is found in the dumpall command though.

DIY Cable details here: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=4296.msg34368#msg34368

I believe the past problems about aux power staying on turned out to be contactor issues. Might just want to unplug the connectors and check for dust / water etc and plug them back up while you are at it.

panurge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 02:42:14 AM »

no I have not the complete wiring scheme, but only the scheme of the 12V after the fuse box.
I know it is different just beacause some of the connectors in the 2014 have a different pin count than in your scheme, Burton.....luckily for the sevocn DCDC would not be the case.....

I have unplugged, cleaned and re-plugged all the connection I was able to reach without disassembling the whole motorbike and nothing has changed.
Looking at the old threads about similar problems (that was in a 2012/2013 bike) it seems that the MBB and/or DCDC have been the defected parts  >:(.
Honestly I would not open sealed parts or make any non fully reversible action in a bike that is under warranty....I am not an authorized shop, nor the owner......I just want to figure out the possible problems and help that buddy to have this funbike fully functional again (if it was an ignition or connection or discontinuity problem), possibly learning a bit about it, cause I fully support the electric revolution and I work in one of the few shops if not the only one in my area that offers EV services. Unfortunately there is not a critical mass of Zeros actually here....otherwise I would have contacted Zero directly to know if it were possible to be an authorized service shop not being a dealer, as it is for most vehicles....

panurge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 03:20:10 AM »

would be cool to use the OBD2 style serial interface, and I have TTL chips and OBD plugs to build up the adaptor, but the port has a tiestrip and seems sealed too, so it is one of the parts I would not open.
Thanks again Burton for your great help...so you can confirm that the bluetooth log has different data output form the serial log?
Is any kind of password needed to use it?

J.L.

Burton

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2015, 05:18:22 AM »

Seems I miss-linked the DIY solution thread for a response within it >__< Here is the diy solution thread. http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=4296.0

You need to connect at 38400 via serial then press ENTER / RETURN and it will show the terminal info. May as well press ENTER again as it can be fickle when you try to login and this will clear it.

If they just put a zip tied rubber boot on I would seriously just buy another zip tie if you are that concerned ;) The logs the .bin file spit out don't have all the settings you can get via the dumpall command.

panurge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 08:57:48 PM »

Hey guys
just to report that the bike had a failed DC-DC as supposed because of
the problem type, the fact that no kind of error was logged, and finally the fact that plugging the DC-DC connector a little spark was visible/audible with visible signs left on the connector.
Everything was covered by the warranty and the distributor with an 8 days of bike stop for the owner week-end included, not so bad for a very new market like Italy.

Pages: [1]