• April 26, 2024, 10:48:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Poll

If you were to buy a 2016 zero motorcycle, which one would it be?

Zero SR
- 23 (31.9%)
Zero S
- 8 (11.1%)
Zero DSR
- 19 (26.4%)
Zero DS
- 2 (2.8%)
Zero FX
- 5 (6.9%)
Zero FXS
- 15 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 2016 Zero motorcycle lineup poll  (Read 2269 times)

Coolio

• View Profile
2016 Zero motorcycle lineup poll
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »

If you were to buy a 2016 zero motorcycle, which one would it be??

Please make a selection, I'm sure many of us are curious as to which one comes out on top...

don't worry about which battery pack size just pick a 2016 Zero motorcycle platform.

GBEV

• View Profile
Re: 2016 Zero motorcycle lineup poll
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:33:56 PM »

I voted FX, the last one I tested of the 2015 range in London recently doh!
Will end up with a new 11.4 2014 DS though, best bang per buck with a full warranty.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:00:54 PM »

I'm currently building up my deposit for a 2016 SR. Hoping to pull the trigger in the new year. :)
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

Eolas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 06:27:12 PM »

Put my deposit down last Thursday after the announcement for the new SR, and just joined the forum!  Excited, your positive comments about Zero overall were part of why I took the plunge!

Xenoilphobe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 07:32:38 AM »

I would have picked FX if it had the new motor
2013 FX 5.7 , 2014 Tesla P85+ (His), 2013 Tesla P85 (hers)

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »

I've seriously thought about selling my 2014 SR to fund an FXS, hanging onto my smart car and trying to rig up a rear mount for it. This would provide me with the ultimate urban commuter as well as being able to shuttle it up to the hills and nice riding spots on the weekends.
2014 Zero SR

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:09 PM »

Are the S and DS kept mainly for fleet sales? they sure dont seem popular any more on the forum.
Zero could drop them and concentrate on reducing price  of SR and DSR.?

grmarks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 02:51:04 PM »

For suburb living it's the SR.
For country living it's the DSR.
For inner city living it's the FXS.
For off road use and fun it's the FX.

Now I live in the suburbs so I have a 2015 SR, and would get the 2016 SR. But I have been wondering about an FX to replace my Husaberg. Why only have one?

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 12:43:16 AM »

If money isn't a factor then it would be the SR for me. Otherwise, the S. I think the DS is great though and if I ever get into a bit of green laning, I would choose that. Or the DSR if money wasn't an issue.

Despite having a really enjoyable ride to work on my VFR this morning, I can't help coming back to this forum. If I'm in a position to buy Justin's 2013 S off him come next spring it's going to be very hard to say no. I wonder how many people there are out there like me who would love to own a Zero but can't quite justify it yet?

I'm in the suburbs by the way.

Ndm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 12:59:41 AM »

I was in the same boat bonkers, if it weren't for a great deal and a forum member I've ridden with wanting his bike to go to me and stay local, I'd still be on my trusty old vstrom! No regrets and I've put more kms on than I thought I would, smiling the whole time! Next bike will be a dsr for some cottage road riding
2013 zero S  ZF13.0 , 2017 chevy bolt, 2008 IGO Titan bike

Rhamphorhynchus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 04:39:58 AM »

I'm also in that position MostlyBonkers. Came pretty close to buying an fx this spring, but I'd been dreaming of a street triple for too many years, so I bought that instead. And it's a really great bike. And I love it. And yet, I spend way more time reading this forum than triumphrat...

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 01:04:18 PM »

Thanks guys, I am a bit obsessed by this whole electric bike scene, despite my best efforts to find and ride my ideal bike leading me back to a big ICE bike. We all have our own particular needs and circumstances though.

I fear I'm hijacking another thread! Apologies.

MegaJustice

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 03:41:11 PM »

To all you guys on the fence, you're reading these forums and trying to get the mental (and physical) collateral together before you purchase.

I'll give you my story. After 2 years and hundreds of hours, I calculated at the rate of $40 an hour enough wasted time that I bought a Zero S over the phone. Tens of thousands of dollars and hours of my time waisted. No test drive, no debate on SR, S, DS blah blah blah. I bought an S knowing good resale and it would not be my last bike.

So regardless of the year, you'll see most of us love our Zero bikes. We have more than one bike when we need to taste gasoline, we commute, we enjoy the technology behind what we ride and we are loyal to Zero and other brands. By buying a Zero, you give up nothing and gain a lot, mostly perspective. You look at riding differently, you hear more, and honestly you ride more. Short trips, excuse rides and simply the ease of knowing it is gonna function beyond your expectations. So pull the trigger, new or used, you'll quickly discover the reasons you buy a Zero will NOT be the reasons you love it.

Killroy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 09:29:24 PM »

Street tires have better range.

M@2015DS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 08:25:50 AM »

The 2016 DSR is appealing to me since I prefer the dual sport form factor.

For large purchases I can obsess over the details and research until it drives my wife nuts.

I started looking at electric motorcycles in 2012. Narrowed it down to Zero in 2014. Just was not quite there in terms of power/range/components. When the 2015 was announced it was just enough to get me to pull the trigger. I purchased the small battery (9.4?) DS. The plus with that one is that it accelerates a little faster than the big battery one.

I commute 25 miles each way mostly on the freeway. I am in California so I can lane split legally. A good portion of the commute involves lane splitting since I am on one of the most congested freeway sections in the world. For this purpose I chose the DS because it sits a bit higher. Plus I like the option that if I do go out on a weekend that I can take it down a dirt road if I want.

I have had the bike since January and have ridden about 6000 miles. I keep it plugged in whenever it is not in use. I have only taken it down below 20% battery level a handful of times. The original Pirelli tires still have a good 2000 miles left on them. I just bought replacements for the front and back (Trail Attack 2s). Other than that, no maintenance whatsoever. Zero. Nada. No gas. No oil. So basically in 9 months and 6000 miles $0 in maintenance costs. I have not seen a noticeable increase in my electric bill either. Of course half the charging is done at work. The other benefit of no gas, no oil and belt drive is the bike stays clean and so does the garage.

Some have said that the DS is slow. For a bike, yea. A little. But it is fast enough in traffic that there is no problem getting ahead of the pack of cars. And when you are going 35 and want to get to 70, it gets there in a real hurry.

I would recommend the DS to anyone doing a commute as the main use. It is super smooth. Very little vibration and great response from the throttle at all speeds up to 90 MPH and capable even on crappy roads.

I absolutely love the bike. It has so far exceeded my expectations and puts a big smile on my face whenever I ride it.

Anyways. That is my 2016 preference and testimonial for those that are contemplating a purchase.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:28:43 AM by M@2015DS »
Pages: [1] 2