• March 29, 2024, 05:17:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: guity's gpr-s experience  (Read 41973 times)

guity

• View Profile
Re: guity's gpr-s experience
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57:13 PM »

Skadamo, I think it is kind of a cheaper, non O-ring chain.  One knowledgeable person familiar with the chains has told me to consider just replacing it now...

2/18/9 edit:  Make that 4 knowledgeable  people now!  I am putting it off because the chain just seems so young at this point and because the bike runs at lower speeds than the ICE bikes which probably factored into the giving of this advice, and because again, I think that with this electric bike, I will be more able to pick up differences in sound that will warn if the chain is about to catastrophically fail...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:51:22 AM by guity »

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2010, 03:58:55 AM »

Its been some time since we had an update.....I wonder what happened......

I'm going to guess Electric Motorsport paid guity off and took his bike back since we have not heard from him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:37:11 PM by picasso »

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2010, 11:21:49 PM »

Sorry Picasso, I went MIA for a while.  Toward the end of February it was a rainy night coming home after work, lots of water accumulating on my helmet visor, and I was trying to create some separation between me and the car in back of me.  But in doing so I suddenly found myself approaching a bend in the road faster than I wanted to.  I didn't think I hit the brakes so hard, but I did feel the bike sliding underneath me.  I shifted my weight to try to keep everything upright, felt the bike lurch to one side, and then felt it correct itself.  I remember thinking, "YEAH, I made it!" then the next thing I remember  was when I woke up about a half hour later I was being loaded into an ambulance.  

The person in the car behind me told the ambulance guys that I was going pretty slow but that the bike went down on its right side and I went over the handle bars.  My left thumb was broken, along with my right wrist and right clavicle.  When I recovered the helmet, there were scrape marks on the back side of the helmet but not the front side.  The motorcycle was left with a guy whose house I had been in front of when I wrecked, and a few days later he actually drove it 5 miles or so up to my house.  His wife drove behind him in their car, and the two of them let me know I might consider suing the city because the city never cleans the street in that area and it gets a lot of oily spots around there.  

The motorcycle was scraped badly on the right side, and the front wheel appears to be badly aligned.  I have a feeling the forks aren't bent and all I really need to do is bump the wheel against a solid object to knock things back into alignment.

To tell the truth, I got a lot of wind knocked out of my salis that reduced the amount of hot air I used to reserve for this forum.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:42:33 PM by guity »

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2010, 11:41:49 PM »

Right now I would be happy if I could just get the license and registration for my bike so I could sell it, if that's what i finally decide to do.  Electric Motorsport took a thousand bucks from me to take care of this matter, and 8 months after the sale I still have no license/registration.  Electric Motorsport has gone into "we're-too-busy-for-you" mode, and the only response I can get from them at this point is an indirect one about "being patient".   It has pretty much come down to spending some time at the DMV to verify what the DMV told me over the phone, which is that there is nothing in their system pertaining to my motorcycle.   After that the only hope is small claims court to get my license/registration money back from EM.  (I have some hope that because this involves a vehicle, I can force EM to come down to defend themselves in a Southern California court rather than my having to drive up to Oakland.)  If I can get the $1,000 back then get the license and registration by myself, then I can weigh my options.  

Having torn up the metal cases that hold the batteries together, and having added a lot of custom (and non-professional) wiring to the system for the purpose of better monitoring the batteries, and having taken the bike through two accidents, I can well imagine that the re-sale value of the bike might have dropped so low that I would be just as well off to keep it as a souvenir.  

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 11:44:48 PM by guity »

Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2010, 03:00:22 AM »

Wow, Guity, I hope you are healed up. You have had so much bad luck lately, I hope things get better. I am sorry to hear about your accident in addition to your GPR-S registration troubles.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 05:59:49 AM by Phantom »

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2010, 03:12:18 AM »

Thanks Phantom.  I'm only starting to regard my GPR-S troubles as troubles now that I am starting to get healed up enough to even think about them.  Actually the troubles could still potentially be just DMV problems.  Hope your Brammo is still giving you a good ride!

Phantom

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2010, 06:04:12 AM »

I hope it is just DMV red tape that is the problem. It should just take some time in that case. The Brammo has been fantastic. It is far better than I imagined.

TK

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »

Guity,

The money collected was mostly California sales tax. We pay this tax to the state of California.   We do not keep it.   The registration and fees were sent to DMV.
Not sure why you have not received the registration and plates.  Please contact us directly in regards to this and we will find out why you have not received your registration.   

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2010, 08:50:08 PM »

Thanks -- that was dumb of me -- the state tax money I provided stopped being my concern after I provided it to EM, so more than $800 is accounted for.   I guess we are only talking about $160 or $170 worth of license/registration fees.

As dumb as I have been however, I do wish you would have enlightened me on this fact months ago when I sent multiple emails to you guys about the issue, or perhaps one of the multiple times when Hollywood Electric contacted you about the problem on my behalf, after I gave up on contacting you directly.  And I don't understand why you need me to contact you to resolve the problem now.  Is there some information I can provide that will allow EM to get to the bottom of the matter with the DMV?  If so, let me know and I will get it to you pronto.  If not, just please call the DMV and ask them why they are sitting on the paperwork.  

Below are two emails, the lower one from me to you in January, and your response above that...I responded back to your response a few times but never got anything further.

I have not been aware of this situation.    

Are you saying DMV has not sent you anything in regards to plates or reg?

T K
President
2400-2404 Mandela Parkway,
Oakland, CA 94607
(510) 839-9376 Phone
tk@electricmotorsport,com
www.electricmotorsport.com
Mo.- Fri. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, –8 UTC

On Jan 15, 2010, at 12:01 PM, GUITY wrote:

Hi TK and TA,

Hope your new year is coming along well at Electric Motorsport.

I guess now it is time for me to start getting concerned about my
license and registration (see emails below).  I don't know how long I
can keep driving with this temporary registration.  Have you guys heard
anything further on it, or can you look into it, or provide me with any
information that might be pertinent in allowing me to look into it
myself?

Thanks,

Guity
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:14:57 PM by guity »

guity

• View Profile
Thanks to EM!
« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »

Electirc Motorsport has apparently been calling the DMV, though I didn't know about it.  The DMV was denying that any payment was made for the license/registration.  Once TK's post helped me understand that the tax and license/registration are totally separate (I guess I had heard the phrase "tax/license/registration" so many times while shopping for motorcycles that I came to think of them as all in the same package), then I remembered a $165 check I had sent to EM that was payable to the DMV.  The deposited check was online at my bank website, and I downloaded it and sent it to TK, and he was able to use that to prove to the DMV that the money was actually paid.  The DMV was then able to determine that the check had mistakenly been attributed to someone else's paperwork.  TK says the DMV says the plates/registration will be in the mail shortly!  This should pretty much finish and wrap up any and all responsibilities that EM has toward me, and I wish EM the best.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 08:26:14 PM by guity »

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »

Thats great to hear and wow sorry you spilled again guity. Did you ever get your replacement cells you ordered?

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2010, 08:26:03 PM »

Yes picasso I have replaced a couple batteries, but my attempt to determine if there were any more runt batteries in my pack got set back indefinitely.  As the temps got warmer I started to see performance that seemed to pretty much match what the bike had always done, so it could be no more replacements are necessary...

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2010, 10:12:25 AM »

Anyhow, finally got around to getting the individual battery monitor system going today.  Nice to see 8 batteries at a time.  Next weekend I will try to use the logging function that records the voltages of the 8 batteries as the bike is being ridden...

guity

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2010, 07:26:24 PM »

OK first problem, already heavily documented: I left the logger attached to a clump of batteries just so I could check the voltage any time I felt like it.  They had been charged to the max, with the lowest one at 3.51 and the highest at 3.84 volts.  But after che3cking a couple days later, 2 of the batteries had gone up to 3.91 and the rest had lostg all their top-off charges and were sitting down at around 3.35.  The logger eats up the charge of all but the last 2 of a battery clump and the top-off charges in the first 6 cells melted away surprisingly fast, considering the thing is such a dinky little device.

So bottom line is I need to just attach the device right when I actually intend to use it.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »

Guilty's battery performance is better than the Hi Power batteries on my GPR-S. (I seem to recall that Guilty has Thunder Sky batteries.) My Hi Power batteries will take a surface charge of 3.5 (average) volts per battery when the BMS shuts off. But after sitting around for a day, with no equipment attached other than the on-board BMS, the voltage drops to an average of 3.2 volts per battery - which probably tells you something about Hi Power batteries.

When under a maximum load, the battery pack drops to an average of 2.1 volts per battery (50.4 volts for the 24-battery pack). Unloaded, the Cycle Analyst typically shows around 75 volts, or an average of 3.125 volts per battery.

I would be happy to have the battery performance that Guilty has.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14