• May 24, 2017, 05:45:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: How long before Zero gets gobbled up?  (Read 4402 times)

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Re: How long before Zero gets gobbled up?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 03:44:45 PM »

“We thrive at the intersection of transportation, technology and energy efficiency,” said Zero Motorcycles CEO Richard Walker. Recorder Journal http://recorderjournal.com/2015/12/12/zero-motorcycles-gets-1m-in-funding-from-california/

I think the use of the word 'thrive' is intended to ameliorate concerns. It could be complete BS but I suppose that depends partly on Richard Walker's character. Anybody know him? I'd imagine he's a good person at heart. Why else would you attempt to build and run such a risky business in such a niche market? You've got to love bikes, have balls and lots of hope.

It sounds to me like a lot of effort would have gone into getting the extra financing. Not just the government grant, but also persuading existing investors to cough up more cash.

The extra money will help retain the right people, bring more in and no doubt develop the product.

I hope Zero has another couple of years or so to improve reliability, reduce prices and get some good sales going before the big boys jump in.

modeselector

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 05:16:13 PM »

Did anyone hear about Zero's 1 million round of funding in December? 

Not allot of money (in the scope compared to previous rounds).

Should this be a concern?

I think that could also be seen as a case of "not turning down free money"

Good point.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 09:08:31 PM »

I have met Richard Walker.  He seems like a really nice guy, more like a politician than a "whip cracker" like some Silicon Valley executives. I get the impressions that all of the big decisions at Zero are made (or at least approved and closely followed) by the company board (investors) and the company management implements their policies. I suspect not much happens at Zero without the board's approval and that upper management doesn't make the big decisions, at least with regard to things that will affect company finances and profitability.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2014 14.2 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 11:03:10 PM »

Thanks for that insight Richard. I came across Richard's profile on their website and it's rather impressive!
Pages: 1 2 [3]