• April 26, 2024, 08:30:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Petition the UK Government!  (Read 5011 times)

Erasmo

• View Profile
Re: Petition the UK Government!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 02:28:50 AM »

Did you also post it in the Zero owners group?

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
Petition the UK Government!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 02:35:04 AM »

I have, just now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 02:37:33 AM by MostlyBonkers »

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 01:02:07 AM »

We're still stuck at 41 signatures... Either there's a glitch or, and I hate to say this, but it was an utter waste of time.

I'm staggered that none of my Facebook friends appear to have signed. I don't think we got any more signatures after I posted in the Zero owners group either.

I appreciate that the lack of a subsidy on electric motorcycles is very much a first world problem. I also realise that if someone is going to take a little time and effort to fill in their address and tick a box or two they may feel there are more worthwhile causes.

I'll pester my wife to sign just to see if we get to 42: the answer to life, the universe and everything!

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 11:20:05 PM »

Wife just signed so we're on 42! Just another 9,958 to go...

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 12:10:36 AM »

It's hard to raise awareness even harder when you're bound to one country, I guess that a lot of riders are happy to sign but just don't know that there is a petition.

Perhaps you could print some flyers to disperse at the local motorcycle hangouts, go door to door with a tablet or even maybe ask Robert  Robert Llewellyn(the bloke from Fully Charged) if he could mention you on Twitter or something.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 12:15:16 AM »

Thanks Erasmo. I did tweet Robert with the petition as it happens. He either missed it or choose to ignore it. I might try Stephen Fry next.

Jerome3

• View Profile
    • Jerome
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »

Hi Tom,

What a great idea! I've signed.

I just spoken to Jason at Streetbike. He advised that (1) hopefully there'll be news before the end of November, but (2) it isn't known what form or amount the grant will take - a  credit as for cars or a reduction in Vat.

I suggest:
- we need a co-ordinated campaign to get the initial 10,000 signatures, then 100,000 to get it debated in parliament. Aim high :)
- the more pressure we apply the sooner it will happen,
- the following steps:
  - contact UK trade associations who are probably best placed to co-ordinate this
  - contact Zero - what’s their plan?
  - create a Facebook page to inform, update and educate
  - write to your MP - I’ve just done so - text below.
  - contact BBC/ITV/CH4 etc - try and get a programme made about electric bikes. - Anyone got any contacts?
  - contact all bike magazine editors - I can do this as I have some contacts
  - write to all newspaper motoring correspondents
  - write to all famous bikers ……. but how? - probably through bike magazine editors
  - write to pro electric campaigners as above.

Suggested MP Letter

Dear xxxxxxx,

Subject: Electric Motorcycle Grant

The coalition government announced a grant policy on 27 March 2015 (see below) but no grants are available yet.

Please can you ask the Business Minister, Anna Sourby, when the grant will be available, how much it will be and how it will be paid?

The government's inactivity prevents me from placing an order as I want to avoid 'no retrospective grants.’

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx

Motorcycles and scooters will join cars, vans, trucks and buses in the government’s drive for greener vehicles.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-revs-up-motorcycle-market
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:54:36 PM by Jerome3 »

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 10:16:42 PM »

I've send a few UK bikers that I know a message, hopefully they will sign.

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 11:47:12 PM »

Thanks Jerome, it's great to see your enthusiasm for this.  Despite my efforts, I've only managed to add a few signatures to the petition in the last few days.  A list of suggestions is very helpful.  Being a bloke, it does help to have a list! :-)

We could use this thread to coordinate a campaign.  I shall redouble my efforts!

Thanks also Erasmo.

Jerome3

• View Profile
    • Jerome
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2015, 02:19:44 AM »

My MP has replied as below and I'll let you know the response:

Dear Mr Bullard,
Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest.
I understood that the grants were due to be made available from this summer, but I will ask the Department for Business for an update on timescales, and I will share the Minister's response with you
Best wishes,
Zac Goldsmith

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2015, 04:24:47 AM »

Excellent! Far more effective than a petition so far then! [emoji4]

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »

I've just sent your email to my local MP.

Justin Andrews

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2015, 04:22:43 PM »

As have I
Zero 2015 SR (+PT);
Yamaha Diversion 900

GBEV

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2015, 09:00:36 PM »

Me too, Third time I have written to my local Tory  ::) MP about green energy and have yet to receive a reply!

(Note to our American friends who weren't sure. Tory = Republican ie regressive)

I also added this bit, hope you like it ;);

If your party want nuclear and hydrogen to the be the future in the UK then may I kindly point out that there is a 4 billion year supply of both in the centre of our solar system as can be verified by all the UKs progressive non flat earthers each and every day just by looking up!

All it takes for all us Britts to benefit right now from this abundantly free and clean natural resource is some real political leadership promoting turbines (water and wind, on shore as well!) and solar panels.

I note however your party seems intent on reducing all feed in tarifs , which were to assist with green energy adoption, in favour of supporting the legacy oil industry.

So I conclude that, meanwhile, the oil and gas industry are clearly currently being very successful in lobbying against such weak leadership.

That is self evident by the fact that they have succeeded by getting your party to mandate their ability to frack at liberty for hydro carbons under my house yet all on shore wind turbine installers, including the very well known green energy provider Ecotricity whose mantra is "converting bills to mills" who provides all the power for the UKs electric highway for electric vehicles, have now been prevented from installing any more wind turbines on land in the UK. That whilst we Britts have the best wind resource in Europe!

We need the right policies for the future now before we are all fracked.

Yours...

Guys you may want to add these two addressees to your email or forward your email on to them like I did :D;

olev.enquiries@olev.gsi.gov.uk,
politics@theguardian.com
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:17:13 PM by GBEV »

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 09:56:31 PM »

And we're at 51 :P

MostlyBonkers you might also want to contact a few well known UK Motobloggers on Youtube, I'm sure you know your fair share of them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6