• March 29, 2024, 01:14:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: wtd maxiscooter  (Read 1052 times)

BiggerCharger

• View Profile
wtd maxiscooter
« on: September 24, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »

I'm looking for a maxiscooter . not zero or brammo. Some thing like ZEV or rmartin or eride 5000 , I live in oregon Rain.  I guess I have to buy chiney, but would prefer twain or japan makers . I looking for 3000 to 5000 watt wheel , top speed  45 mph to 55 mph, able to go 50 miles at 50 mph . Would like storage compartments,  regen, and BMS .  am willing to wait for over seas shipping . Guess I need to learn about  ECC compliance . Any ideas or quality manufactors ? 

Mike Werner

• View Profile
    • Travel France Tips
Re: wtd maxiscooter
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »

BMW C-Evolution. Quality, range, speed but also price.. :-(

But I don't know if they sell it yet in the US.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

ZEV has quite the choice qua electric scooters and is US based so you might check them out first.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 08:45:15 PM »

According to my BMW shop the NA dealers don't want anything to do with the C-Evolution. They believe it would generate very few sales and require a huge investment in service technician and parts department retraining that wouldn't be recovered by any possible profits in selling the scooter.  Also, they continue to have a bad taste in their mouth due to an early (and short) experience with the Brammo Enertia.

Plus, I suspect that if they had techs trained in EV technology, they are worried that they might ask for a raise or move on to work on Teslas or any of the other major EV auto manufacturer dealerships - where they would get paid more, have better benefits and a more secure position. My BMW dealer charges $120 per hour for their service department labor rates and I have heard that the shop gets a much larger percentage of that charge than do the service technicians. (All of the older techs have left the dealership and several have established their own independent service shops nearby.  From what I have been told by one that quit his job it was all because their paychecks were getting squeezed by the dealership.)  It is a tough life out there.   :(
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Mike Werner

• View Profile
    • Travel France Tips
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »

According to my BMW shop the NA dealers don't want anything to do with the C-Evolution. They believe it would generate very few sales and require a huge investment in service technician and parts department retraining that wouldn't be recovered by any possible profits in selling the scooter.  Also, they continue to have a bad taste in their mouth due to an early (and short) experience with the Brammo Enertia.

Plus, I suspect that if they had techs trained in EV technology, they are worried that they might ask for a raise or move on to work on Teslas or any of the other major EV auto manufacturer dealerships - where they would get paid more, have better benefits and a more secure position. My BMW dealer charges $120 per hour for their service department labor rates and I have heard that the shop gets a much larger percentage of that charge than do the service technicians. (All of the older techs have left the dealership and several have established their own independent service shops nearby.  From what I have been told by one that quit his job it was all because their paychecks were getting squeezed by the dealership.)  It is a tough life out there.   :(

It's funny, because the dealers aren't allowed to work on the C-Evolution, apart from basics like tires and brake-pads. Anything to do with the engine or battery, an dthe bike gets sent back to the BMW Regional head office.

I think it's more because there's little shop work to be done on the scoot, which would piss off the dealers since there's no money to be made in maintenance.

So I guess it's the same in the Republic of California??

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 01:47:18 AM »

I have no doubt that is another reason that BMW dealers here don't want an EV.  They make a ton of money on regular servicing. But I don't see NA setting up a central depot to service the C-Evolution in the U.S.  For one thing they are too cheap to build, operate and staff anything, much less a central service facility.  Plus, shipping vehicles around the U.S. is expensive.  Typically about $1,000 USD to ship a bike across the country.  Until NA sees a real market for electric scooters and finds a way for the dealers to service them, I think they will continue to be sold elsewhere.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]