• March 28, 2024, 10:10:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Snappy answers to stupid questions about your Zero  (Read 1903 times)

ZeroSinMA

• View Profile
Snappy answers to stupid questions about your Zero
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:12:12 AM »

Q: "Is dat bike electric?"
A: "No, it's nuclear. It runs on plutonium. Totally hush-hush experimental shit. Stand back. Better yet, get 10 miles from here as fast as you can. If it goes it'll take out the whole city. Go! Go now!"

Q: "Is it safe to ride that in a thunderstorm?"
A: "Hell, no. Unlike the electrical system that lets your ICE bike or car burn fossil fuels my Zero is 100% ionic. The child lightening trapped inside the black box under me is at all times crying to be freed by its angry parent in the clouds. Every time I ride in a thunderstorm the lighting crashes at me, trying to TAKE ME OUT! That's Zeus fighting to free Ares. Engineers at Zero installed this by magical methods in my battery in Scotts Valley, CA, patent pending.

Q: "It's so quiet. Isn't that dangerous?"
A: "Do your ears aim backwards? No? That's because you are a normally developed human. We are not designed to hear the direction of sounds coming from behind us, only that there is something behind us, somewhere. Loud and scary? Then run faster, caveman!  Not until that rumbling Harley occupied by a geezer dressed like a pirate has passed you and is in sight in front of you can your normal human apparatus figure where the noisy thing is at and not hit it. By then you may have switched lanes unconsciously to make the scary noise somewhere behind you stop. Oops. What about the geezer on the noisy thing? All he can hear is himself. The Zero rider hears all. He is safer because he knows you are a nitwit and needs the advantage of knowing where you are at all times such as when you're driving ahead of me but you think at home on the couch chatting with your nitwit friends on Facebook.

Others?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:55:43 AM by ZeroSinMA »

grmarks

• View Profile
Re: Snappy answers to stupid questions about your Zero
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:49:01 PM »

Q: "Is it safe to ride that in a thunderstorm?"

alternate answer: No, because the ppl who approve new vehicle designs for road use don't care if electric bike users are electrocuted to death.

protomech

• View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »

Not until that rumbling Harley occupied by a geezer dressed like a pirate has passed you and is in sight in front of you can your normal human apparatus figure where the noisy thing is at and not hit it.

lol.

I usually get: how fast does it go, how far does it go, what's the charge time, what's the cost. No really stupid questions.

The bikes are fast enough for non-sportbike riders. The rest of the answers give people pause.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

hippiesparx

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 03:43:54 PM »

Q: "It's so quiet. Isn't that dangerous?"
A: Best answer I've heard is "if you're relying on other people's road skills to stay alive, get off the bike now."

Mostly its how does it go, what's the charge time like and how's the seat?
A: Fast, long and hard.
2014 Zero S 2014 CFMoto 650TK
Fonzarelli Electric Moto dealer

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »

I get the usual, mostly "what kind of range does it have?" but also price, performance, charging time, that kind of stuff. A couple of times recently I got one I wasn't prepared for, even the second time: "No gas at all?".

I guess they're really asking whether it's a hybrid or has a "range extender". Maybe it's not as stupid a question as it sounds.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Mike Werner

• View Profile
    • Travel France Tips
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »

One question which is usually the last one is 'how much does it cost?'

I reply that I lease the bike, give them the monthly amount and then say 'and that includes all the gasoline you need for the bike'.

xmjsilverx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »

I always get: "How much was it?"
I say: "About 17."
Their response is: "THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ???"
Lol, no $1700, go get ya one at walmart, it's next to the razor scooters.
2015 Zero SR
2018 Tesla Model 3 Dual

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:39:11 AM »

I always get: "How much was it?"

I remember talking to a Buell rider that parked next to my SR the week after I got it. I told him the price and he just nodded his head and said "oh that's not too bad", which was kind of a shock to me, because I was still personally trying to rationalize it myself.

I've noticed I haven't gotten any questions after the ZERO SR logo peeled off the tank.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

SteveInNC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 01:32:25 AM »

I ride by myself mostly here lately so, I really haven't been asked many questions. Today I came in behind a big group sport-bikers going up a very tight, curvy road. I passed all but one before getting caught by a line of cagers.8) Anyway, when we reached the top and parked the first guy that came over asked me what make was my bike. I answered Zero of course but, then he asked me what size it was. :o I was was stumped. After a second or two I said "It doesn't have a size, it's electric." I then thought of this thread LOL.

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:10:23 AM »

...but, then he asked me what size it was. :o I was was stumped. After a second or two I said "It doesn't have a size, it's electric."

I once had a guy ask me that question AFTER I told him it was electric! I couldn't think of a good answer either, so after stuttering for a few seconds I said something like, "It's a 50 kW motor". Only later did I realize that answer would be totally meaningless to most people, let alone one that didn't get it being electric in the first place. Now I think I'd just repeat that it's electric, so it doesn't have a gasoline engine.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 04:13:05 AM »

would they understand 67hp = 50kW

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 04:18:30 AM »

When I added the SR to my insurance policy the woman taking down the info asked me how many cc's the bike was. I told her that it was electric. She replied "Yes, but how many cc's?" I told her that electric motors were not measured by displacement which confused her even more. Finally she found a Zero somewhere in her tables and said "Ah, it's a 250!". I told her that sounded right to me. My insurance is very low :)
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser

CrashCash

• Denizen of Doom since '88
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »

When I added the SR to my insurance policy the woman taking down the info asked me how many cc's the bike was. I told her that it was electric. She replied "Yes, but how many cc's?" I told her that electric motors were not measured by displacement which confused her even more.
I had that conversation a week ago with a guy on a sportbike, who should have known better. Nowadays, I just say "1300cc" since I feel it's about as fast as my FJR. If they're smart enough to either realize that's bogus for a bike that small, or that it's electric, then we can continue the conversation.
'07 FJR-1300 & '15 Zero SR

AustinSZF8.5

• Zero S ZF8.5
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:43 AM »

I was asked once what happens when it rains. I told them that I get wet.
Jeff - Austin, TX
14 Zero S ZF 8.5
08 Kawasaki Versys
09 Honda CRF230L

97 Honda Magna - sold 2015
03 Triumph 955i Sprint ST - RIP 2013
87 Honda VFR 700 F2 - sold 2008
92 Yamaha Seca II - sold 2004

Cortezdtv

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 04:33:08 AM »

When people ask if it's fast.....

I used to just ride off wheeling till I hit 70 mph and it brings it down automatically lol... I need a rear mount go pro so I can get the jaw dropping videos....

Couple days ago my buddy with a duramax 4wd launched against me (tuned  up etc got easily 550hp/750trq) he thought he had a chance, I knew better but I lined up anyway, twisted a weee bit to far and smoked the tired, so I ended up walking away vs running from him while burning out as we accelerated, instant white smoking billowing from my rear tire into his truck, it was classic!!!!
"I keep it real!"
Not endorsed by:
Zero motorcycles

07 Electricross
And a family of pre 14 Zero X's
Pages: [1]