• March 28, 2024, 10:57:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: R&G tail tidy with Australian plates  (Read 1169 times)

PhreaK

• View Profile
R&G tail tidy with Australian plates
« on: August 23, 2015, 05:29:47 PM »

Just a heads up for any of the other Australians here - the R&G tail tidy kits don't fit Australian number plates without modification. Although the mount has slots, they're not quite wide enough to reach the span of the pre-drilled corner holes used on our plates.

After a bit of Google fu I opted to drill some two additional, closer holes in my number plate. From everything I've been able to find this is legal. That being said, I will be shifting the registration to another state when the current one lapses so will double check with the new transit authority before mounting the new plates. If that's a no-go, using a strong adhesive (e.g. 3M VHB) should do the trick - as long as I never need to remove it.

Anyway, much tidier now.

2014 Zero SR

BenS

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • View Profile
Re: R&G tail tidy with Australian plates
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 09:15:56 PM »

Yeah, I've never been hassled for extra holes in a number plate. One thing the cops here in SA defect bikes with a tail-tidy for is not having a separate red reflector on the tail; it doesn't look like you've got one. It's not such a bad thing to have, it might save your bike from being hit from behind when it's parked or if the tail light stops working, which is probably what it's meant for.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 09:25:04 PM by BenS »
2015 FX 5.7, DIY Electric "Jesse James" chopper bicycle, and DIY Electric 26" Lowrider bicycle. ('10 KTM 530exc, '06 GasGas EC250, '06 YZ450F, '06 GSXR1000.)

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 04:48:10 AM »

Yep, I've got the little reflector dot. Just wasn't fitted in that shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Zero SR

Conanichi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »

Do not helpful and had very good knowledge.
Pages: [1]